Thursday, March 15, 2012
St. Patrick's Day Recipes: Irish Brownie Bombs
Yields one 9×13 pan
Preparation: Line pan with foil so there is at least a one inch overhang on all sides. Coat foil with with bake spray. Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
· 2 cups all-purpose flour
· 3/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
· 2 cups granulated sugar
· 2 large eggs
· 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
· ½ cup plus 2 tablespooons of Guinness Extra Stout
· 4 tablespoons Jameson Whiskey
1. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl; set aside. Add butter and granulated sugar in a bowl and cream until smooth. Add eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla and beat until combined. Reduce speed to low; add half of flour mixture, beat to combine. Add ¼ Guinness, fold to combine.
2. At this point, turn off mixer and use a wooden spoon or a sturdy spatula to finish mixing batter. Add remaining flour mixture, fold to combine. Add remaining Guiness and beat to combine.
3. Measure out 1 cup of dough and fold in Jameson whiskey; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining batter into prepared dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Bake until base is set and edges are puffed, about 25 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
· 1 large egg
· 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
· 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
· 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
· ¼ cup Bailey’s
1. Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
1. Pour mixture over cooled base. Place divided dough in a pastry bag and pipe three clovers ½ inch apart. Bake until filling is set, about 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool in dish on wire rack, then lift out using overhang. Cut into 24 squares. Squares will keep, covered and refrigerated, for up to 3 days.
Source: Endless Simmer