Here are my Top 15 Disneyland and Disney California Adventure food items that you need to try if you haven't already!
15. The world famous clam chowder bowls come in at number 15! There is nothing better than the fresh baked sourdough bowls from the Boudin Bakery in DCA! The clam chowder is fantastic and that bread is even better if you let some of that chowder get absorbed into the bread! Remember to get some butter so you can also butter your bread if you aren't full!
14. Number 14 is the fantastic chili cone queso from the Cozy Cone Motel in Cars Land! I love chili and since it is one of Walt's favorites, it's fitting that chili make it on the list! The beef chili, cheese and corn chips in the bread cone is a perfect meal on the go! We will be returning to this same cone a few times!
13. Coming in at lucky number 13 is the Oswald Sundae in a souvenir "Mickey Pants" from Clarabelle's on Buena Vista Street. You get three scoops of ice cream covered in whipped cream, chocolate chips and a cherry on top! Oswald's ears are made up of two chocolate covered bananas! Plus, you get to keep the "Mickey Pants" sink dish!
12. Coming in at number 12 is what I consider the best deal in the parks when it comes to eating and those of you with a hearty appetite like myself. The Big Thunder Ranch BBQ is all you can eat for a great price! Lunch is only $23.99 a person and you get beans, chicken, ribs, cornbread, corn on the cob wheels and coleslaw!
11. Mickey shaped beignets are next! A powdered sugar covered bit of heaven if you ask me! They are coming out warm and go great with a mint julep or a cup of coffee! You will find these in New Orleans Square at the Mint Julep Bar!
10. The Mickey waffle from the Carnation Cafe comes in at Number 10! A delicious way to start the day! Pair it with a side of bacon or sausage and you have a wonderful breakfast right in the middle of Main Street U.S.A.!
9. We have come back to the Cozy Cone in Cars Land with the chorizo and egg cone! Only served for breakfast this delicious mix of chorizo, scrambled eggs and pico de gallo is a handy and hearty way to get your morning going down Route 66!
8. Dole Whip from Adventureland comes in at Number 8! This cool tasty pineapple treat is perfect on a hot day or any day! Look at that perfect swirl! Almost too perfect to eat, like I said almost!
7. Coming in next on the countdown is the butcher's plate from The Carthay Circle Lounge on Buena Vista Street. The plate features various cheeses, salamis, capicola, seasonal fruits and nuts. You also get some toasted bread. A perfect snack with some drinks and a good friend or two while listening to the light jazz in the lounge area. This is my favorite place to take a break from the park while still being inside the park.
6. Coming in at Number 6 is the best chicken in town! The broasted chicken at The Plaza Inn is one of my favorite meals in the entire resort! The chicken is tasty and moist, the mashed potatoes are thick and made from scratch and the seasonal vegetables are perfect! You can't even see the biscuit that comes with the meal! So much good food that you won't go hungry after this!
5. Number 5 is the lobster nachos at the Cove Bar in Paradise Pier! This massive plate begs to be shared! Corn tortilla chips, smothered in cheese, beans, lobster, salsa, mild peppers, and cilantro make for a perfect snack with a bunch of friends or a great meal for one! Enjoy with a beer or a cocktail and feel as if you were at the beach!
4. Number 4 we head back for the last time to the Cozy Cone in Cars Land for the bacon and mac and cheese cone! Thick mac and cheese with diced bacon on top make for a hearty meal!
3. Number 3 is the fried pickle appetizer at the Carnation Cafe on Main Street U.S.A.! These panko fried pickles are one of my favorites and I always get these when I dine here! How they can deep fry something and keep that pickle nice and crisp I will never know!
2. We don't have to go very far for Number 2 because it is the meatloaf at the Carnation Cafe! I love meatloaf and this one does not disappoint! A huge thick slab of moist meatloaf covered in gravy served with mashed potatoes, vegetables and a roll with butter makes me feel at home! Comfort food and it's very best!
Well there you have it! My Top 15 Food Items from both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure that You Need To Try Right Now! Hope it made you hungry! Let's go to the park and eat!