1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 -3 drops red food coloring
- hard peppermint candies or candy cane, crushed
- 1FOR COOKIES, combine sugar, butter and 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract in large mixer bowl.
- 2Beat at medium speed until creamy (1 to 2 minutes).
- 3Reduce speed to low; add flour and cornstarch.
- 4Beat until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).
- 5Cover; refrigerate until firm (30 to 60 minutes).
- 6Heat oven to 350°F Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls.
- 7Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 8Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 9Let stand 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
- 10Cool completely.
- 11FOR GLAZE, combine 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons butter, 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract and enough milk for desired glazing consistency in small bowl.
- 12Stir in food color, if desired.
- 13Drizzle over cooled cookies.
- 14Immediately sprinkle with crushed candy.
- 15It is easier to put the crushed candy in a bowl and"dip" the top of cookies in them right after you frost them.