2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme (2 cups)
- 8 ounces vanilla chips
- 1/2 cup peppermint candy, finely crushed
- red food coloring
- 1Line 9-inch square pan with foil so that foil extends over sides of pan.
- 2Butter the foil.
- 3In large saucepan, combine sugar, margarine, and milk.
- 4Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 5Continue boiling 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Add marshmallow creme, vanilla chips, and desired amount of food coloring.
- 8Blend until smooth.
- 9Stir in crushed peppermint.
- 10Pour into prepared pan.
- 11Cool to room temperature.
- 12Score fudge into 36 or 48 squares.
- 13Sprinkle top with additional crushed peppermint candy.
- 14Refrigerate until firm.
- 15Remove fudge from pan by lifting foil.
- 16Remove foil from fudge.
- 17Cut through scored lines.
- 18Store in refrigerator.