1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white Karo
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup shelled raw peanuts (pecans, walnuts, sunflower seed, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- 2Spray wax paper with Pam.
- 3Combine sugar, salt and Karo in a 3 quart microwave safe glass bowl.
- 4Stir in peanuts.
- 5Microwave on high until light brown (8 to 10 minutes) stirring at least 2 times during cooking.
- 6Remove from microwave and stir in remaining ingredients adding baking soda last (mix will be foamy).
- 7Stir quickly and pour onto wax paper.
- 8Spread thin for brittle candy.
- 9Note: You can use any type nuts you prefer or even sunflower seeds (which is my favorite).