Make this awesome Chewie Sock Puppet!
What you'll need
- Fake brown craft fur
- Brown sock
- Needle and brown thread
- Black button
- Chenille stems/pipe cleaners
- Googly eyes
- Brown and grey felt
- Fabric glue
How to make it
- Take an old sock and fold the fake fur over the heel and toe of the sock so that the edges of the fur align with the edges of the top of the sock.
- Sew into place, but don't sew the sock closed. Put your hand inside the sock so that your fingers are in the toe area and your thumb is in the heel -- making this the mouth area. Glue the eyes in place. Sew the button nose down, but be careful not to sew the sock shut -- you should still be able to place your fingers inside.
- To make the arms, cut two strips of fake fur. Roll each strip around a few chenille stems, and sew the edges and ends together. Sew the arms to the sides of the puppet.
- Last, cut out a long rectangle strip of brown felt, and sew the ends together to make Chewie's bandolier. Cut out seven small rectangles of gray felt and glue to the bandolier. Cut a thin strip of brown felt and glue it to the middle of the bandolier. Place over Chewie's head so it sits on his body like a sash.