Saturday, March 25, 2017
I love watches and Luco Charles, a British watch company, sent me one of their gorgeous classic minimalist faced watches to review. Take a look at my unboxing video of their beautiful Midnight Grosvenor watch below.
To learn more, check out their web site:
*Thank you to Luco Charles for allowing me to review one of their watches. The review is strictly my opinion,*
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Friday, March 24, 2017
Tale as old as time! Enter to win the deluxe soundtrack to the live-action Beauty and The Beast! The giveaway is open worldwide and the winner will be notified by email!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Fasten your seat belts! Tickets for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 are now on sale! http://fandan.co/2nsOMaS ► Subscribe to Marvel: http://bit.ly/WeO3YJ
Follow Marvel on Twitter: https://twitter.com/marvel
Like Marvel on FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/Marvel
For even more news, stay tuned to:
Thursday, March 23, 2017
DISNEY·PIXAR’S “CARS 3” FUELS UP FOR NATIONWIDE TOUR
Road to the Races Takes Off
Title Sponsors Include Alamo Rent A Car SM, Coppertone®,
Crest®/Oral-B®, DOLE® and Mattel
BURBANK, Calif. (March 21, 2017) -- Disney•Pixar’s “Cars 3” is hitting the road this month with Road to the Races, a nationwide tour inviting fans of #95 to gear up for the upcoming big-screen release. Life-size, character look-alikes of five-time Piston-Cup champion Lightning McQueen, tech-savvy trainer Cruz Ramirez and the sleek next-gen racer Jackson Storm will be rolling into 27 cities coast to coast to celebrate the new movie, which opens .
“We are going to kick off the tour at Disney Springs in Walt Disney World on Thursday, March 23,” said Lylle Breier, senior vice president,worldwide marketing partnerships and special events for the Walt Disney Studios. “There will be fun activities for the whole family—plus a sneak peek of the movie.”
The roster of cities includes Miami, Dallas, Chicago, Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Denver and Los Angeles, among others—the full list is available at CARS3tour.com. The “Road to the Races” nationwide tour wraps up in California with a visit to NASCAR at Sonoma at the Sonoma Raceway , and the life-size character cars will also roll onto the red carpet for the “Cars 3” world premiere on .
A host of sponsors have signed on to support the tour, which includes a variety of activities.
· Alamo Rent A CarSM is hosting a street art booth and will bring “Cars 3” to life with a giant coloring mural featuring Lightning McQueen and friends, along with a color pencil pack souvenir. Owned and operated by Enterprise Holdings, Alamo Rent A Car offers low rental rates and a hassle-free customer experience at the most popular travel destinations around the world.
· Coppertone® is creating a racer pit crew that encourages visitors to take part in a tire-changing activity and photo-sharing opportunity. A leader in the sun care industry, Coppertone is made by Bayer HealthCare, LLC.
· Crest® and Oral-B® celebrate the Road to the Races tour, providing fans with an opportunity to create a digital postcard with Lightning McQueen and get “Cars”-themed oral care products. Crest and Oral-B are the first step to enjoying a lifetime of healthy smiles.
· Dole®, the leader in fresh, quality produce, invites visitors to fuel up and recharge their batteries, sample high-octane fruit and vegetable smoothies, collect “Cars 3”-inspired recipes and discover how Dole and Disney are working together to make healthy living fun and easy for families. To see more of Dole’s exciting promotions around summer family fun, visit www.dole.com/Cars3.
· Mattel presents an interactive play area, which sends Lightning McQueen and other racers down the gravity drop and launches them into action in new play sets that feature locations from the movie. Also on display will be a collection of die cast racers from past and present. Mattel is the leading global childhood development and play company.
Fans will be able to catch a sneak peek of the movie in the Cinetransformer Mobile Movie Theater. Visitors will also be able to take photos with the life-size character cars.
In addition, the sports national youth program NASCAR Acceleration Nation will display the science behind NASCAR racing, and elements from the NASCAR Hall of Fame will allow attendees to get up close and personal with the history of NASCAR.
Mack Trucks, Inc. will transport the life-size character cars on the coast-to-coast tour.
Schedules are subject to change without notice, and attractions may be unavailable for unscheduled reasons.
ABOUT THE MOVIE
Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician, Cruz Ramirez (voice of Cristela Alonzo), with her own plan to win, plus inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet and a few unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn’t through yet will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing’s biggest stage! Directed by Brian Fee (storyboard artist “Cars,” “Cars 2“), produced by Kevin Reher (“A Bug’s Life,” “La Luna” short) and co-produced by Andrea Warren (“LAVA” short), “Cars 3” cruises into theaters on June 16, 2017.
Sunday, March 19, 2017
We celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Pirates of The Caribbean at Disneyland with another Prisma capture. This time it is the skeleton captain as he looks at the treasure map.
Saturday, March 18, 2017
It is time for another vehicle review in 2017! This time it is for the 2017 Kia Soul Turbo Exclaim! I haven't reviewed a Kia soul in a few years but the Soul Turbo is every bit of fun as the previous models but with a turbocharged engine! Let's hit the road and see how she handles!
The gorgeous Wild Orange color really stands out as you cruise around town! And the awesome color combines with the modest visual changes made to the headlights and bumpers make this the perfect vehicle to take down to Newport Beach for dinner! The beautiful Lighthouse Bayview Cafe is the destination and they did not disappoint! Take a look at the view in the above picture! Not a bad way to spend the evening!
After an amazing meal, you must get the beignets! They are amazingly light and delicious! Thanks to the fine team at the Lighthouse Bayview Cafe for their gracious service and wonderful hospitality!
Getting back in the 2017 Kia Soul Turbo Exclaim, you will be surprised by the amount of room inside the vehicle! Take a 360 look inside the vehicle with me! Lots of leg room for you and your friends and that panoramic sunroof is a must here in Southern California!
Taking a closer look at the cockpit and you will see that the displays are nicely laid out. Everything is easily within reach.
The large 8-inch navigation system display is both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatible. You will also love the eight speaker, 315-watt Harman Kardon audio system. The audio is loud and clear and perfect when you have the panoramic sunroof open and the windows down while cruising down Pacific Coast Highway. Plus, the mood lighting grill with sound interaction looks really cool at night.
The next drive is to brunch to join friends at Saddle Ranch Chop House in Orange. Awesome service, great food and of course these awesome cotton candy treats!
Then it was off to Hollywood for the Los Angeles premiere of Kong: Skull Island! My first time at the Dolby Theatre, the home of The Oscars! We had amazing seats provided by the amazing folks at Dolby! Kong" Skull Island was amazing and a great summer type blockbuster movie though it's only March!
We tried to see if we could fit Kong in the back of the Kia Soul but it just wasn't going to work. But you can see you get enough room for a trip or grocery shopping plus the seats drop down if you need more room.
The 2017 Kia Soul Turbo Exclaim is an attractive, practical and fun to drive vehicle with value in mind and a lot of pep in its step!
The Kia soul starts out at $15,990 for the base model but the top of the line Turbo Exclaim starts at $22,650. But with the added Tech Package that gives you all the tech imaginable plus HID headlights and LED foglights. The addition of the panoramic sunroof brings the total to a reasonable $27, 620.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Tuesday, March 14, 2017
As Pirates of The Caribbean celebrates it's 50th Anniversary at Disneyland on March 18th, 2017, here is my Prisma photo reminding us that Dead Men Tell no Tales!
Emma Watson, Dan Stevens, Josh Gad, Ewan McGregor, Audra McDonald, Stanley Tucci, Ian McKellen, Bill Condon (director) and Alan Menken (composer) arrive at Alice Tully Hall for the New York special screening of Disney’s live-action “Beauty and the Beast.”
Earlier in the day, Emma Watson, who plays Belle, shared her love of books with children from the NY Film Society for Kids at Lincoln Center’s Beale Theater.
“Beauty and the Beast,” which brings the story and characters audiences know and love to life in a stunning, cinematic event, opens in theaters nationwide this Friday, March 17.
Monday, March 13, 2017
In 2014, I first heard that my favorite Disney animated film of all-time was going to become a live-action movie, I shuddered at the very thought. Beauty and The Beast was the first Disney animated film that broke away from the mold of the typical Disney princess. Belle was a strong female character. She was smart, she was pretty and she knew what she wanted in life. And she could see past the exterior of a person and see what's in their heart. Unforgettable songs, gorgeous animation and a fantastic story combined to make this, not only my favorite Disney animated film, but the favorite of millions. There would be little forgiveness if the live-action film was not handled with care.
Then in 2015, casting began to be announced. In January, Emma Watson announced that she would play Belle and I instantly fell in love with this project. And then later that year at the D23 Expo, the rest of the cast was announced and the first footage was screened. I, along with 8,000 others were floored by what we saw, the first glimpse of Emma Watson in the iconic gold ballroom gown as well as Gaston and LeFou in town. You got a sense of scale and that this was going to be something special. The filmmakers were handling this with very special care.
The film truly delivers as you get what you love from the animated classic but with new elements that fit perfectly in the existing framework that help expand the characters within their world. By no means is the storyline vastly different, you know what you are going to get. The Beast is cursed because of his cruel ways. Belle is a book-loving girl that wants so much more than what her small village can provide. You get Belle imprisoned in the castle, an unexpected friendship turns into something more and then an epic love story blossoms.
The casting is superb from top to bottom. Emma Watson is perfect as Belle, from her intelligence, to her beauty to her love of books. Emma is in fact the real life Belle. Dan Stevens brings the upset and soulful Beast to life. The enchanted objects of Lumiere, Cogsworth and Mrs. Potts are expertly brought to life through the fine vocal performances of Ewan McGregor, Sir Ian McKellan and Emma Thompson. The additional enchanted objects are also magically brought to life by wonderful vocal performances by Madame de Garderobe (Audra McDonald), Chip (Nathan Mack), Plumette (Gugu Mbatha-Raw) and the newly-created Maestro Cadenza (Stanley Tucci), a composer transformed into a harpsichord.
Luke Evans and Josh Gad play Gaston and Lefou and literally steal the show many times here. Josh Gad shows off his musical strength here and Luke Evans plays Gaston to his dastardly best. You can tell the two formed a close friendship during production and it shows in every scene they are in.
Kevin Kline is unbelievably charming as Belle's father Maurice. his character gets a little more attention as we find out more about him and about Belle's mother. Those scenes are sweet and at times heartbreaking. We also get further insight into the Beast's parents. These scenes help us learn more about Belle and Beast and how they have been shaped into who they are. This helps ground the characters into a greater sense of believability that even the animated classic could not accomplish.
As far as the music is concerned, we get the songs we all know and love with some lyric changes as well as three brand new songs. The new songs blend in seamlessly with the other songs and help create this classic Hollywood musical film feel. Emma Watson can hold her own and all the iconic songs with Belle have been playing on repeat for the last several days. Stevens has a wonderful signing voice and you can feel his power as he sings "Evermore." Thompson is wonderful in the title song. Ewan McGregor reminds me of his Moulin Rouge days as he sing the audience pleasing "Be Our Guest." But Evans and Gad brought the house down with their performance of "Gaston."
A gorgeous film, filled with an amazing cast, and additional changes to the storyline that work flawlessly into the existing framework to create a movie that expands the characters and their world will be one that you will want to see again and again.
Friday, March 10, 2017
a Rafflecopter giveaway
FANS OF ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY AT SXSW
CAN JOIN THE REBELLION WITH
THE ESCAPE FROM SCARIF UNIQUE PHOTO OPPORTUNITY
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story is coming home on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere and Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, DVD and On-Demand on .
Director Lee Unkrich just debuted a brand new poster for DISNEY·PIXAR’S “Coco” on Twitter, and revealed that a brand new teaser trailer will debut next week.
“Coco" is in theaters !
U.S. Release Date:
Voice Cast: Gael García Bernal, Anthony Gonzalez, Benjamin Bratt, Renée Victor
Director: Lee Unkrich
Co-director: Adrian Molina
Producer: Darla K. Anderson
Despite his family’s baffling generations-old ban on music, Miguel (voice of newcomer Anthony Gonzalez) dreams of becoming an accomplished musician like his idol, Ernesto de la Cruz (voice of Benjamin Bratt). Desperate to prove his talent, Miguel finds himself in the stunning and colorful Land of the Dead following a mysterious chain of events. Along the way, he meets charming trickster Hector (voice of Gael García Bernal), and together, they set off on an extraordinary journey to unlock the real story behind Miguel's family history. Directed by Lee Unkrich (“Toy Story 3”), co-directed by Adrian Molina (story artist “Monsters University”) and produced by Darla K. Anderson (“Toy Story 3”), Disney•Pixar’s “Coco” opens in U.S. theaters on https://www.
facebook.com/DisneyPixar, and follow us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/ DisneyPixar, and Instagram, https://instagram. com/DisneyPixar.. Like us on Facebook,
In Disney•Pixar’s “Coco,” aspiring musician Miguel (voice of newcomer Anthony Gonzalez) teams up with charming trickster Hector (voice of Gael García Bernal) on an extraordinary journey through the Land of the Dead.
· Director Lee Unkrich and producer Darla K. Anderson teamed up for 2010’s Oscar®- and Golden Globe®-winning feature “Toy Story 3,” which is the third highest-grossing animated feature in worldwide box office.
Over the last several years the Walt Disney Animation Studios has been on a roll. Call it the Third Golden Age of Animation for the company but Disney Animation is clearly re-inventing itself. With each film adding to its already rich legacy, Moana may be the one that shows the true confidence in the animation department.
While on the surface, Moana appears to be the simple princess who goes against what her parents want in order to save the day story, But as the story unfolds, there are deeply developed lead characters and powerful emotions.
Just like all the other Disney heroines, Moana is destined to do great things but she wants to choose a different path as the ocean calls to her. And without any spoilers, her father has very good reasons for her not venturing out to sea. But of course through situations and her grandmother's encouragement, we are off on our adventure.
The film opens with Maui and we see that he is the one that has set the ball in motion and may not be the hero that everyone thinks he is. He might not even be the person who you can trust when the chips are down. This adds an enormous amount of tension to the movie as the two begin the quest to make things right. But Moana can hold her own against Maui and she also has the ocean on her side.
The ocean is the force that calls to Moana. In an early scene we see her encounter with an ocean that behaves in a very unexpected way towards her. A scene that shows Moana and her destiny. Two powerful songs, the father play-it-safe "Where We Are," and Moana's I Want Song, "How Far I'll Go," at the beginning of the film will leave little doubt that Moana and the ocean are connected.
The songs and music from Opetaia Foa'i, Mark Mancina and Lin-Manuel Miranda are some of the best ever created for a Disney animated movie. The songs were not about creating a hit single but instead fit the narrative and propel the story forward all the while establishing the setting and character. This makes the songs more akin to Beauty and The Beast instead of Frozen. I bought the soundtrack immediately after seeing the movie and you will too.
The animation is absolutely stunning. Bright and bold colors bring the Polynesian culture to life. The characters including Moana are more realistically proportioned. Breaking Moana free of the body image of past princesses allows Moana to take an almost 2D form when it comes to expressions. Yet at the same time the camera angles can sweep in and around characters and environments much like a live-action film. And the ocean, while we have seen in in such animated films like Finding Dory, the water itself has never looked better or had more personality.
Moana is a celebration of life, friendship and family. Moana takes control of her own destiny and creates one of the most remarkable Disney princesses yet.
The 1080p transfer, is of course, Disney perfection. Colors are vibrant with lush green jungles and crystal clear water. Every details from hair, to clothes, to other materials look natural and simply shine. Images are perhaps the finest example of animation and should be used as a reference piece for your home.
The DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 lossless soundtrack is just as perfect as the video quality. Dialogue is sharp and clear, effects are properly positioned and the music is powerful. The surrounds envelope you in the movie and never let go.
There is a surprisingly vast amount of bonus material including two short films, some technical behind-the-scenes features, deleted scenes, a commentary track, and more. A DVD copy of the film and a Disney digital copy voucher are included.
- Theatrical Short Film: Inner Workings (1080p, DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1): A great animated short that takes a poignant look at the daily routine of life.
- Maui Mini-Movie: Gone Fishing (1080p, Dolby Digital 2.0, 2:29): Created just for the home release, Maui finds that catching a meal isn't as easy as it seems,
- Voice of the Islands (1080p, 31:13): A fantastic bonus piece showcasing the filmmakers visit to the Pacific Islands and how that influenced their take on the film. You will learn about the people, their culture, the geography, history, family life and more.
- Things You Didn't Know About... (1080p): An all too short two-part feature.
- Ron, John, Auli'i & Dwayne (2:02): The directors and main vocal talent share some fun facts about themselves.
- Mark, Opetaia, & Lin-Manuel (1:57): The film's musicians answer some questions about themselves.
- Island Fashion (1080p, 5:13): Neysa Bové discusses clothing the characters.
- The Elements Of... (1080p): A four-part feature.
- Mini-Maui (3:34): Taking a look at how one of the smallest stars of the film was created.
- Water (4:38): Showcasing the work on creating more realistic digital water for the movie.
- Lava (2:56): Showcasing the difficulties in creating of one the more unique characters in the film.
- Hair (3:05): Showcasing the complexity involved in creating the hair for the characters.
- They Know the Way: Making the Music of Moana (1080p, 12:37): A way too short look at the creation of the amazing music in the film,
- Deleted Song: "Warrior Face" with Introduction by Songwriter Lin-Manuel Miranda (1080p, 3:41): Take a look at this deleted song in rough animation.
- Fishing for Easter Eggs (1080p, 2:52): Auli'i Cravalho and Dwayne Johnson give us some insight on some of the easter eggs the animators left in this film.
- Deleted Scenes (1080p, 25:56 total runtime): Grandmother's Warning/Legend of Maui; Canoe Race; Father, Daughter, Boat; Education of Moana; Discussing Moana's Future; Race the Wind/Ties That Bind; and Under the Sea. Take a look at several deleted scenes with optional introductions by the directors of the film.
- "How Far I'll Go" Performed by Alessia Cara (1080p, 3:04): The pop single version of the song and music video.
- "How Far I'll Go" Around the World (1080p, 2:44): Showcasing the song flawlessly moving from one language into another.
- Audio Commentary: The Directors John Musker and Ron Clements discuss their film from origin, to research, to music, characters, animation and more. I love audio commentaries and this is a very entertaining as well as informative one.
Moana is truly a masterpiece. A film that keeps children as well as adults entertained throughout. The blu-ray is one of Disney's finest with perfect audio and video and a surprisingly large amount of bonus material. This blu-ray needs to be added to your collection now!
Thursday, March 9, 2017
DISNEY·PIXAR’S “CARS 3” ROLLS OUT KEY CAST & CHARACTERS
Kerry Washington, Nathan Fillion, Lea DeLaria and Lewis Hamilton
Join Franchise Favorites on the Big Screen
BURBANK, Calif. () -- Disney•Pixar’s “Cars 3” reveals key voice cast and characters, featuring award-winning stars. According to director Brian Fee, the roster includes both new and returning characters. “We’re introducing some fun and really appealing characters in ‘Cars 3,’” said Fee, “so we really wanted to find the right voices to help us breathe life into them. We hit a homerun with this group; I couldn’t be happier.”
Following are the newcomers and “Cars” franchise veterans who join the previously announced voice talent and characters: Owen Wilson as world champion racer Lightning McQueen, Cristela Alonzo as unconventional trainer Cruz Ramirez, and Armie Hammer as sleek next-gen racer Jackson Storm.
· Kerry Washington (ABC’s “Scandal,” HBO’s “Confirmation”) lends her voice to Natalie Certain, a highly respected statistical analyst who knows her numbers. Book-smart and mathematically gifted, Certain may earn top marks in her ability to evaluate a racer’s stats, but she could be underestimating the importance of determination.
· Nathan Fillion (ABC’s “Castle,” ABC’s “Modern Family”) voices Sterling, a brilliant businesscar who runs Rust-eze Racing Center—one of the most successful elite training facilities in the country. The always dapper Sterling comes across as unassuming and laid back, but business is business, and Sterling is driven to ensure all of his investments pay off.
· Lea DeLaria (Netflix’s “Orange is the New Black”) provides the voice of Miss Fritter, a local legend at the Thunder Hollow Speedway demolition derby. Fritter’s formidable school-bus size is intimidating, but it’s her smoke stacks of doom, razor-sharp stop sign and crazy collection of her victims’ license plates that usually steers her opponents in the other direction.
Three-time Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton was called on to voice Hamilton, a fully loaded, built-in voice command assistant to high-tech trainer Cruz Ramirez. When Lightning McQueen takes his training off road, Cruz enlists Hamilton’s help to keep the struggling racer on track.
“Cars 3” also welcomes the gang from Radiator Springs back to the big screen, including Lightning McQueen’s best buddy Mater (voice of Larry the Cable Guy), and #95’s No. 1 fan Sally (voice of Bonnie Hunt). Friends supporting their hometown hero include Fillmore (voice of Lloyd Sherr), Sarge (voice of Paul Dooley), Lizzie (voice of Katherine Helmond), Ramon (voice of Cheech Marin), Sheriff (voice of Michael Wallis) and Flo (voice of Jenifer Lewis).
Loyal transporter Mack (voice of John Ratzenberger), big-hearted Italian Fiat 500 Luigi (voice of Tony Shalhoub) and charming little Italian forklift Guido (voice of Guido Quaroni) continue to support Lightning McQueen’s racing endeavors. World-renowned sports announcer Bob Cutlass (voice of Bob Costas) is still calling the races, and Chick Hicks (voice of Bob Peterson) is back—this time as a commentator on the Racing Sports Network. The lovable duo Dusty (voice of Ray Magliozzi) and Rusty (voice of Tom Magliozzi) return as Rust-eze’s chief proprietors—though they have big things in store for Lightning McQueen.
ABOUT THE MOVIE
Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician, Cruz Ramirez (voice of Cristela Alonzo), with her own plan to win, plus inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet and a few unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn’t through yet will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing’s biggest stage! Directed by Brian Fee (storyboard artist “Cars,” “Cars 2”), produced by Kevin Reher (“A Bug’s Life,” “La Luna” short) and co-produced by Andrea Warren (“LAVA” short), “Cars 3” cruises into theaters on .