Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Cantaloupe and Kiwi Daiquiri Popsicle Recipe!
Makes eight 2-and-1/4-oz. popsicles
· 1 ½ cup pureed cantaloupe (6oz, approximately half a normal size cantaloupe)
· ½ cup pureed kiwi (4 ½ oz, approximately 2 normal size kiwis)
· ¾ cup limeade
· ½ cup of light rum
· 4 tablespoons simple syrup
1. Place cantaloupe and kiwi in a food processor or blender and process or blend until pureed, about 1-2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and process or blend until fully combined.
2. Pour mixture into popsicle forms and freeze for about 2 hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold a popsicle stick upright. Insert popsicle sticks and finish freezing popsicles overnight. To release popsicles run hot water on the outside of popsicle molds for a 2-3 seconds.
*Note: To make this non-alcoholic, simply replace the rum portion with limeade.