Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Sasaki Time Disneyland Resort Challenge: Is It Possible to Ride Every Single Attraction in Both Parks in One Day?
Have you ever wondered if it were possible to ride every single attraction in Disneyland and Disney California Adventure in just one day?
Well, on Friday January 30th, 2015, my friend Carla and I tried to see if we could do just that. Inspired by the guys at parkeology.com, who came up with the Walt Disney World 46. They became the first people to ride all 46 attractions at Walt Disney World in just one day.
Now, this day would not be a fair test as many attractions in both parks were closed for refurbishment but it would be a good indicator of just how many attractions we could get done.
Here were some of our rules:
1. An attraction is considered by us to be a moving vehicle so you can avoid any stage or theatre attraction.
2. Riding just one part of the route is acceptable for Main Street Vehicles and the Railroad.
3. The challenge cannot take place during a 24 hour party. It has to be a regular park hour day.
4. Yes, you can use FastPass and single rider though both of you need to ride the attraction. You cannot however take any Cast Member gift such as Re-Ad Passes or FastPasses given by them to help you along your quest.
5. No attraction can be down for refurbishment. You have to pick a day when everything is scheduled to be open. For purposes of our test, we just picked a day to see how many we could get through to see if this challenge is even possible. But we will go back when everything is back from refurbishment and try again!
Here are some of the lessons we learned as well as some of our strategies:
1. Get as much rest as you possibly can the night before! You are going to be doing a ton of walking!
2. Wear comfortable clothes including comfortable shoes.
3. Plan to eat while you are walking from attraction to attraction! This means a day of snacking and eating all sorts of theme park junk food! We made the mistake of sitting down to eat and once you sit, it's nearly impossible to stand back up and get going again!
4. I cannot stress the importance of this next tip enough! Utilize the incredible Ask Otto system! With no official app for The Disneyland Resort, the Ask Otto voice-based system is a huge help! It not only gives you wait times but also the FastPass return times for attractions that have FastPass! We made great use of this service while waiting in line to help plan where we were going next and which FastPasses we were going to use.
The Ask Otto phone number is 714-520-7090!
But without further ado, here is our day in a nutshell!
Going left to right, here we are at the start of our day! Just waiting for the rope to drop to begin our adventure! The park opened at 9am and by 9:01am we were on our first attraction, Alice In Wonderland. We then headed to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!
We then headed towards Peter Pan! Then off to Snow White's Scary Adventure! Then we were headed to Pinocchio's Daring journey but it was down!
No problem, we headed to Casey Junior Circus Train! Then off to King Arthur's Carousel! Another spinning attraction! Then off to Dumbo's Flying Elephants! Once again another spinning attraction!
Then we headed to another spinning attraction, the Mad Tea Party! I was starting to get dizzy from all these spinning attractions! But we must continue on! Pinocchio had re-opened and we were done with Fantasyland! Now it was off to ToonTown and Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin was up first! Oh no yet another spinning attraction!
After getting dizzier on Roger Rabbit, it was off to Gadget's Go Coaster and we were done with ToonTown! A quick call to Ask Otto and we headed to big Thunder to grab a FastPass and then head to The Haunted Mansion! Then it was off to the rafts to Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer's Island! Then off to Pirates of The Caribbean! For those of you keeping count, this was our 15th attraction and it was about 1135 in the morning! Not bad for a little over two and half hours in the Disneyland!
After Pirates, we went to get our second FastPass over the Indiana Jones Adventure and then it was time to use our first FastPass at Big Thunder Mountain! Then we headed back to Adventureland and got on the Jungle Cruise! While our FastPass for Indy was waiting to be used we headed to the Hub and got on the Fire Engine and rode that to Town Square.
Then we road the Horse Drawn Streetcar back up to the castle! Then we headed over to Tomorrowland and got on the Astro Orbitor and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters! Then we got a FastPass for Autopia and then made our way back to use our Indy FastPass! After Indy we got on the Mark Twain and then headed back to Tomorrowland. We missed the Mark Twain a few times and finally got the timing right to get onboard!
After the Mark Twain it was time to use our Autopia FastPass! We got stuck out on the freeway there because of some people messing around on the attraction! This ended our Disneyland day as we decided it was time to head to DCA and start getting on some of the attractions there! So, we left Disneyland after getting on 24 attractions in a less than 7 hours!
Headed to DCA and over to the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and got a FastPass. We headed over to Fliks Fun Faire after calling Ask Otto for wait times. We headed to Francis Ladybug Boogie. Yep, you guessed it, another spinning attraction! Then it was time for Tuck and Roll's Drive 'Em Buggies! Then it was off to Heimlich's Chew-Chew Train and then off to finish the Fun Faire at Flik's Flyers, another spinning attraction!
Then it was time for our Tower FastPass and then off to get on Monster's Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue!
One last ride on Luigi's Flying Tires before it headed into Yesterland! Then off to Mater's Junkyard Jamboree! Yet another spinning attraction! We then headed for a voyage under the sea at Mermaid! We took in one more spinning attraction at the Golden Zephyr and then Goofy's Sky School! We ended our night at Jumpin' Jellyfish!
After hitting the parks running for 9 straight hours, we got on 36 attractions before hitting the wall and being absolutely exhausted! If we had the energy or simply just kept on pushing we still had 6 hours left in the parks!
Here is the complete list of all the attractions we got on!
Alice In Wonderland
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Snow White's Scary Adventures
Casey Jr. Circus Train
King Arthur Carousel
Dumbo The Flying Elephant
Mad Tea Party
Storybook Land Canal Boats
Pinocchio's Daring Journey
Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin
Gadget's Go Coaster
Raft to Pirate's Lair
Pirates of The Caribbean
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
Indiana Jones Adventure
Monster's Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Francis Ladybug Boogie
Tuck and Roll's Drive-Em Buggies
Heimlich's Chew-Chew Train
Luigi's Flying Tires
Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
The Little Mermaid - Ariel's Undersea Adventure
Goofy's Sky School
So, is it possible to get on every single attraction in both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure? Yes it is with some planning and good luck and utilizing Ask Otto! Let me know if you intend on taking up the challenge! I am thinking of creating an actual challenge so you can download the guidelines and such and maybe there will be a contest!