“Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout” - Ravager Fuel Pizza and Gamora’s Matcha Pina Colada
We’re “Hooked on a Feelin” that it’s time for a celebration! Celebrate National Pizza Party Day (5/19) and get hyped up for the newest attraction at Disney California Adventure Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout, opening May 27th, with these easy-to-make recipes. This Star-Lord approved pizza and Gamora’s Matcha Pina Colada are sure to please all the Guardians of your Galaxy! Enjoy!
Ravager Fuel Pizza
This recipe combines fresh veggies, wholesome ingredients, and a classic family favorite to properly fuel any Guardian’s next mission. The toppings can be varied to suit different tastes and dietary restrictions. Best of all this recipe only takes an estimated 30-45 minutes to cook, making it a great weeknight dinner option. “Groot said this pizza is frickin’ delicious...only he didn’t use frickin’.”
Makes 1 12” pizza, serves 2-4
1 package Trader Joe’s pre-made whole wheat pizza dough*
1 small jar pizza sauce*
*We used Trader Joe’s brand but you can use whichever brand you prefer
1 package shredded mozzarella cheese
1 small zucchini (sliced in half once lengthwise and thinly sliced)
½ cup thinly sliced mushrooms
1 2.25oz can sliced olives
½ cup sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
1 clove garlic (minced)
You’ll also need:
¼ cup olive oil (to coat the baking sheet and drizzle on top of the pizza)
¾ cup flour (for rolling out the dough)
- Pre-heat the oven and prepare the pizza dough according to the instructions on the pizza dough package and lightly coat a baking sheet with half the olive oil (reserve the other half for later)
- Once your dough has been rolled out to the desired thickness and width, transfer it onto a lightly oiled baking sheet. Using a fork, puncture the dough several times to prevent the crust from puffing up. Bake crust for 5-7 minutes.
*Trader Joe’s brand pizza dough does not specify the need to pre-bake your crust once it’s rolled out but we’ve found that pre-baking the dough ensures it is cooked thoroughly.
- Once the crust is removed from the oven add sauce, cheese, zucchini, mushrooms, olives, and sun-dried tomatoes to taste.
- Mix 1 clove minced garlic with remaining olive oil and drizzle over the top of the pizza
- Bake for another 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and vegetables have softened
- Let cool, slice, and enjoy!
Gamora’s Matcha Pina Colada
“If you like Pina Coladas...and Matcha Green Tea!” My attempt at a song parody may be terrible but this drink is delicious! This cool take on a summertime classic can be enjoyed on it’s own, as a sweet pairing with a meal, or dressed-up into a cocktail. The melody is pleasing and so is this recipe!
Yields approximately 2 8oz drinks
1 ½ cup ice
3 Tbsp Rishi brand Sweet Matcha green tea powder
8 oz pineapple juice
1 cup pineapple chunks
*Pro-tip: 1 20oz can of Dole pineapple chunks yields approximately 2 cups of pineapple chunks and 8oz of juice
4 oz coconut milk
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth (yep, that’s it!)
Add 2oz white rum
Layer with grenadine to finish
Decorate with whipped cream and sprinkles
We hope you enjoy these fun sweet and savory recipes! Leave a comment telling us how you are celebrating National Pizza Party Day and don’t forget to check out Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout in Disney California Adventure when it opens on May 27th, 2017. Special thanks to @thehealthymouse for the heads up about National Pizza Party Day!