ONE OF THE GREATEST RESCUE STORIES EVER TOLD
Starring Chris Pine, Casey Affleck, Ben Foster and Eric Bana
RELEASES ON IN-HOME PLATFORMS, MAY 24TH
THE FINEST HOURS
The Film Storms Home on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, Digital HD, Disney Movies Anywhere,
and Packaged with A Host of Bonus Features Including An All-New Documentary With A Look at the True Life Heroes Behind the Story, Making-of Featurettes and Deleted Scenes
BURBANK, Calif., — “THE FINEST HOURS,” a heroic action-thriller based on the true story of a 1952 U.S. Coast Guard rescue, storms home on Blu-ray Combo Pack, Digital HD, Disney Movies Anywhere, and On-Demand on May 24th, 2016. Starring Chris Pine (the “Star Trek” films), Academy Award® and Golden Globe® nominee Casey Affleck (“Interstellar”), Ben Foster (“ to Yuma”) and Eric Bana (“Lone Survivor”), “THE FINEST HOURS” makes its in-home debut packaged with a host of bonus features about the making of the movie and the remarkable true-life events that inspired it.
Based on the acclaimed non-fiction book of the same name by Casey Sherman and Michael J. Tougias, viewers can enjoy diving into the thrilling eye of the storm with: An all-new documentary “Against All Odds: The Bernie Webber Story,” in which real-life residents of Chatham recall the events that set the stage for the film’s historic rescue mission; Four making-of featurettes highlighting cast members experiences and reflections by members of the U.S. Coast Guard; as well as two never-before-shared Deleted Scenes.
Directed by Craig Gillespie (“Million Dollar Arm”), “THE FINEST HOURS” stars Chris Pine (the “Star Trek” films); Academy Award® and Golden Globe® nominee Casey Affleck (“Interstellar”); Ben Foster (“ to Yuma”); Holliday Grainger (“Cinderella”); John Ortiz (“Silver Linings Playbook”); and Eric Bana (“Lone Survivor”). The film is produced by Jim Whitaker (“Cinderella Man”) and Dorothy Aufiero (“The Fighter”), the screenplay is by Oscar® nominee Scott Silver (“8 Mile”) and Oscar nominees Paul Tamasy & Eric Johnson (“The Fighter”) based on the acclaimed non-fiction book of the same name by Casey Sherman and Michael J. Tougias. Doug Merrifield (the “Pirates of the Caribbean” films) serves as executive producer.
Blu-ray Combo Pack, Digital HD, Digital SD, Disney Movies Anywhere
· AGAINST ALL ODDS: THE BERNIE WEBBER STORY – Visit the quaint and close-knit town of Chatham, and experience the events surrounding the most heroic Coast Guard rescue ever through the eyes of the people who witnessed them.
· BROTHERHOOD – Cast members reflect on the bonds they forged during the shoot.
· TWO CREWS – Chris Pine and Casey Affleck share insights into Bernie Webber and Ray Sybert, men who led their respective crews against all odds.
· WHAT IS YOUR FINEST HOUR? – A Coast Guard member recounts an incredible rescue.
· THE FINEST INSPIRATION: THE U.S. COAST GUARD Meet the people who put their lives on the line for others.
· DELETED SCENES:
o A Desperate Idea
o The Story of How They Met
· THE FINEST INSPIRATION: THE U.S. COAST GUARD