- 1 cup pumpkin purée, preferably homemade
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup raw (turbinado) sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon bourbon
- 2 cups small brownie chunks, chilled in freezer (see head note)
In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks, pumpkin, sugar, salt, and spices into a paste. Slowly whisk in cream and milk until smooth.
- Set on medium-low heat and, whisking frequently, cook until custard thickly coats the back of a spoon but a swiped finger leaves a clean line. Stir in bourbon, strain into an airtight container, and chill overnight.
- The next day, churn according to manufacturer's instructions. When finished, remove churning puddle and quickly stir in brownie chunks with a wide spatula. Transfer to freezer and chill for 2 to 3 hours or until firm.