Saturday, February 25, 2017
Have you heard of Mighty Mug and their claim? They claim that this is the mug that will not fall over. Imagine typing away on your laptop and you reach over to grab something and then you knock over your coffee! The coffee spills on your laptop and goodbye laptop! But, if you had your coffee in a Mighty Mug, you would knock the Mighty Mug and it wouldn't tip over! Check out my video below and see if their claim holds true!
If you are now a believer in Mighty Mug like I am here is a link to purchase one for your very own and plus it helps me as well!
Amazon: Mighty Mug
Disclaimer: Thank you to Mighty Mug for the free samples! The review is strictly my own opinion!
Friday, February 24, 2017
The Grey Stuff made it's Disneyland debut at the Rose Tavern in Disneyland! And yes, it is delicious, and if you don't believe me, ask the dishes!
Think of a cookies and cream whipped cream over a red velvet cupcake with a raspberry in the middle! It is just as amazing as it sounds! And this sits on top of a sugar cookie! What are you waiting for? This is only available for a limited time!
Take a look at the gorgeous Beauty and the Beast Rose Sipper that debuted today (2/24/2017) at the Rose Tavern in Disneyland! No surprise that these are selling like hotcakes! Get to the park and get yours now!
The gorgeous Beauty and The Beast rose sipper lights up from the top #disney #disneyparks #disneyland #fantasyland #rosetavern #beautyandthebeast #beourguest #belle #beast #rose #sipper #lightsup #disneygram #instadisney #disneymovies #disneyfans #disnerd #disneylove #disneyobsessed #video #disneymerchandiseA post shared by Jason Sasaki (@sasakitime) on
I posted this video on Instagram to show how the sipper lights up!
DISNEY·PIXAR’S “CARS 3” GEARS UP
FOR A SEASON-LONG RIDE WITH NASCAR
“Cars 3” Director, Key Talent and Life-Sized Characters Roll into DAYTONA 500
Daytona Beach, Fla. (Feb. 23, 2017) – Disney•Pixar’s “Cars 3” is teaming up with NASCAR this year as crowd favorite Lightning McQueen prepares to return to the big screen . Plans for the joint effort were shared by “Cars 3” director Brian Fee, Cristela Alonzo—the voice of the film’s elite trainer Cruz Ramirez—and NASCAR’S vice president of entertainment marketing & content development Zane Stoddard today at the Daytona International Speedway in Florida as fans gear up for the DAYTONA 500 (live on FOX). Owen Wilson, the voice of Lightning McQueen, will serve as grand marshal for the 59th annual “Great American Race.”
NASCAR drivers Chase Elliott, Ryan Blaney, Daniel Suárez and Bubba Wallace will join NASCAR legends Jeff Gordon and Richard Petty as voices in the upcoming film.
“‘Cars 3’ very much pays homage to stock car racing and its rich history,” said Fee. “Our story leans into the drama, emotion and excitement NASCAR fans find at every race.”
“We’re excited to take part in delivering the ‘Cars 3’ experience to our current and next generation of fans, at-track, in school, online and across the country,” added Stoddard. “In addition to all the engaging NASCAR ‘Cars 3’ elements industry-wide, we think our fans will really enjoy the roles of several young drivers in the film.”
According to Lylle Breier, senior vice president, worldwide marketing partnerships and special events for the Walt Disney Studios, the movie inspired an expanded program with NASCAR. “This collaboration marks the biggest between the ‘Cars’ franchise and NASCAR,” said Breier. “We’re looking forward to a fun and exciting season-long program with a host of activities.”
Kicking off at the DAYTONA 500 with the premiere of a new on-air promo, the NASCAR-“Cars 3” collaboration continues throughout the entire race season.
· The joint effort will include a variety of marketing initiatives, including digital and social cross promotional activities and sweepstakes.
· Throughout the 2017 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, races will feature a “Cars 3” at-track presence via a wide array of promotions.
· A co-branded merchandise program with Fanatics—the first of its kind for NASCAR and the “Cars” franchise—will also kick off at the DAYTONA 500 featuring the first film-related product available for fans to purchase. Product will be available at the Fanatics Trackside Superstore continuing at race tracks throughout the season, as well as online at the NASCAR.com Superstore.
· NASCAR Acceleration Nation, the sport’s youth program, and the NASCAR Hall of Fame will be featured throughout the full duration of a “Cars 3” nationwide tour.
· Later this year, NASCAR and Disney will release NASCAR Acceleration Nation and "Cars 3" co-branded in-classroom learning materials for elementary school students
THE VOICES OF NASCAR
The announcement included the introduction of NASCAR greats—from rookie drivers and legends to the voices behind the sport—tapped by Pixar Animation Studios to voice characters in the film.
· CHASE ELLIOTT, 21, was named 2016’s Sunoco Rookie of the Year after finishing last season tenth in the driver standings. Elliott, who pilots the No. 24 car previously driven by four-time champion Jeff Gordon, lends his voice to second-generation Piston Cup racer CHASE RACELOTT in “Cars 3.” Racelott’s blend of skills, track smarts and top-of-the-line technology make this rookie a real contender.
· RYAN BLANEY, a 23-year-old, third-generation racer, pilots the No. 21 Ford in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup series. He voices third-generation racer RYAN “INSIDE” LANEY in “Cars 3.” Known for his racing passion and ability to have fun on the track, Laney races with talent, speed and precision.
· DANIEL SUÁREZ, who just turned 25, pilots the No. 19 ARRIS Toyota Camry in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series. The 2016 NASCAR XFINITY Series champion can be heard in the film voicing DANNY SWERVEZ, a next-gen racer who’s ascending the Piston-Cup ladder against all odds. A mid-season replacement, Swervez is a quick learner who pushes himself to the limit.
· BUBBA WALLACE, 23, won the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Martinsville Speedway in 2013, becoming the first African American to win in one of the top three touring divisions since Wendell Scott in 1963. In “Cars 3,” Wallace voices next-gen stock car racer BUBBA WHEELHOUSE, a fast and tenacious young racer who knows how to win.
· DARRELL WALTRIP, the NASCAR Hall of Fame racer-turned-NASCAR on FOX color analyst lends his voice to DARRELL CARTRIP. Cartrip, a veteran Piston-Cup announcer also heard in “Cars” and “Cars 2,” may think he’s seen it all—but this new season might still have a surprise or two in store.
· SHANNON SPAKE, NASCAR on FOX correspondent and college football and basketball reporter for FOX Sports, voices on-the-track reporter SHANNON SPOKES in the film. Spokes weaves her way into the middle of the action for in-the-moment interviews, and she’s not afraid to ask racers the tough questions.
· HOWARD AUGUSTINE “HUMPY” WHEELER JR., the legendary NASCAR promoter and former president and GM of Charlotte Motor Speedway, lends his voice to iconic Dinoco team owner TEX DINOCO in “Cars 3.” Tex, who met Lightning McQueen in “Cars,” would love nothing more than to see #95 decked out in Dinoco blue.
· JEFF GORDON, four-time NASCAR champion, current NASCAR on FOX analyst, and story consultant for “Cars 3,” lends his voice to JEFF GORVETTE. Gorvette, whose number of top-ten finishes remains unmatched, may have hung up his racing tires—but his heart remains on the track. His ability to succeed at all levels turned hoods wherever he raced.
· RICHARD “THE KING" PETTY, team owner and champion NASCAR driver with 200 wins, returns to the role of STRIP “THE KING” WEATHERS. From his humble beginnings on the Piston-Cup circuit to the glitzy sponsorship and media attention, the champion racer now serves as crew chief for his nephew, Cal Weathers.
· KYLE PETTY, retired NASCAR driver and current NASCAR commentator on NBC, helps bring CAL WEATHERS to life in “Cars 3.” Weathers grew up around the track watching his uncle, Strip “The King” Weathers, tear it up. The veteran racer finds himself taking a step back to make room for the next generation on the track.
· MIKE JOY is FOX Sports’ lead NASCAR announcer who will call his 38th DAYTONA 500 . He lends his iconic voice to on-the-spot radio talk show host MIKE JOYRIDE in the movie. Joyride stays one step ahead in the racing news game by keeping a keen eye on where the racing season is headed.
· RAY EVERNHAM, winner of three NASCAR championships as crew chief for Jeff Gordon and current consultant to Hendrick Motorsports, lends his voice to RAY REVERHAM, Jackson Storm’s crew chief, and an expert at training in the cutting edge technology and tactics being used by the next-gen racers. Evernham also serves as a story consultant for filmmakers.
NASCAR fans can picture themselves with Lightning McQueen and Cruz Ramirez—or at least life-sized cars designed to look like the big-screen characters. The Cruz Ramirez look-alike premiered in Daytona today, alongside #95—the Lightning McQueen car made its debut at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in January. Comedian and actress Cristela Alonzo got to hang with her character look-alike at the event. “I am excited to be here as race fans get to see these two life-sized characters together for the first time,” said Alonzo.
The Lightning McQueen and Cruz Ramirez look-alike cars are slated to make appearances at select races throughout the season as part of a “Cars 3” nationwide tour. Joining them on the tour will be a look-alike of Lightning McQueen’s on-track rival, Jackson Storm.
As was previously announced, Owen Wilson, the voice of Lightning McQueen, will serve as grand marshal of the DAYTONA 500 this Sunday, Feb. 26. Wilson has provided the voice of the red car in all of the “Cars” films.
ABOUT THE MOVIE
Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician, Cruz Ramirez (voice of Cristela Alonzo), with her own plan to win, plus inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet and a few unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn’t through yet will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing’s biggest stage! Directed by Brian Fee (storyboard artist “Cars,” “Cars 2“) and produced by Kevin Reher (“A Bug’s Life,” “La Luna” short), “Cars 3” cruises into theaters on .
The National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc. (NASCAR) is the sanctioning body for the No. 1 form of motorsports in the United States. NASCAR consists of three national series (Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series™, NASCAR XFINITY Series™, and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series™), four regional series, one local grassroots series and three international series. The International Motor Sports Association™ (IMSA®) governs the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship™, the premier U.S. sports car series. Based in Daytona Beach, Fla., with offices in eight cities across North America, NASCAR sanctions more than 1,200 races in more than 30 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico and Europe. For more information visit http://www.NASCAR.com
and http://www.IMSA.com, and follow NASCAR on Facebook, Twitter, Instagra m, and Snapchat (‘NASCAR’).
Wednesday, February 22, 2017
THE MISSION COMES HOME
GET “ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY” EARLY ON MARCH 24TH
on Digital, and on Blu-ray April 4th
Fans go behind the scenes with filmmakers and cast for a revealing look at the stories behind the first Star Wars standalone film
Announced today on The Star Wars Show and StarWars.com, “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” will be coming home on Digital HD on untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story. “Rogue One” has established its place within the Star Warsuniverse and the hearts of moviegoers, becoming the seventh highest-grossing film of all time in the U.S. and Blu-ray on . This news comes on the heels of the start of production announcement of the
Arriving early on Digital HD and Disney Movies Anywhere on March 24, and on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, DVD and On-Demand on April 4, the release includes never-before-seen “Rogue One” bonus material that will take fans behind the scenes with the movie’s diverse, dynamic cast and inspired team of filmmakers. An intimate collection of stories reveals how the film came to life, as well as hidden Easter Eggs and film facts that audiences may have missed in the theater.
Bonus features include*:
- A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of “Star Wars: A New Hope” – as well as one of her most memorable foes– – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect “Rogue One” to the Star Wars universe.
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.
Monday, February 20, 2017
First Look at the Song "Belle" from "Beauty and the Beast" as the Cast Begins Their Worldwide Tour in Paris
The cast and filmmakers from Disney’s live-action “Beauty and the Beast” including Emma Watson, Dan Stevens, Josh Gad, Luke Evans, director Bill Condon and composer Alan Menken, gathered in the City of Light earlier today. Paris is the perfect setting for the launch of the worldwide press tour, as it is France where the story originated.
Plu, watch a clip from the movie and featuring one of my favorite songs, "Belle".
Friday, February 17, 2017
Acclaimed actors James Earl Jones and Donald Glover have joined the voice cast of Disney and director Jon Favreau’s live-action
reimagining of The Lion King. Donald Glover will voice adult Simba, while James Earl Jones will reprise the role of Mufasa, which he made famous in the 1994 animated film.
The Lion King follows in the footsteps of Disney’s contemporary re-envisioning of some of its most beloved classics with films like Maleficent, Cinderella, and the upcoming Beauty and the Beast, starring Emma Watson and debuting in theaters on . In addition, Disney recently collaborated with Favreau on the Oscar-nominated smash hit The Jungle Book.
For The Lion King, Disney and Favreau will build on the groundbreaking technology used in The Jungle Book to bring the story of Simba to photorealistic life. The film’s release date has not been announced.
Jon Favreau on James Earl Jones:
jonfavreau/photos/a. 437300899719695.1073741825. 345424128907373/ 1219212638195180/?type=3& theater
Jon Favreau on Donald Glover:
LEGENDARY PERFORMER ANGELA LANSBURY JOINS CAST OF
“MARY POPPINS RETURNS”
The Sequel to the Studio’s 1964 Film
Stars Emily Blunt and Lin-Manuel Miranda
And is Directed by Rob Marshall
BURBANK, Calif. () – Angela Lansbury has joined the cast of “Mary Poppins Returns,” the all-new sequel to Disney’s 1964 film “Mary Poppins” currently filming at Shepperton Studios. She will feature as the Balloon Lady, a treasured character from PL Travers’ series of Mary Poppins children’s books. The film is scheduled for release .
A five-time Tony Award® winner and the recipient of an honorary Academy Award®, three Academy Award nominations and bestowed with numerous other accolades, Angela Lansbury’s career encompasses more than 70 years. She is a beloved member of the Disney family and starred in “Bedknobs and Broomsticks” and voiced Mrs. Potts in the animated classic “Beauty and the Beast.” Her roles in film, television and theater range from “Gaslight,” “The Picture of Dorian Gray,” “The Manchurian Candidate” and “Death on the Nile” to “Murder, She Wrote,” “Mame,” “Blithe Spirit,” “Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street” and “Gypsy.”
Directed and produced by Rob Marshall (“Into the Woods,” “Chicago”), “Mary Poppins Returns” stars Emily Blunt (“The Girl on the Train,” “Into the Woods”), Lin-Manuel Miranda (“Hamilton,” “Moana”), Ben Whishaw (“Spectre”), Emily Mortimer (“Hugo”) and Julie Walters (“Harry Potter” films) with Colin Firth (“The King’s Speech”) and Meryl Streep (“Florence Foster Jenkins”). The film, which introduces three new Banks children, played by Pixie Davies (“Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children”), Nathanael Saleh (“Game of Thrones”) and newcomer Joel Dawson, also features Dick Van Dyke.
The film is set in 1930s depression-era London (the time period of the original novels) and is drawn from the wealth of material in PL Travers’ additional seven books. In the story, Michael (Whishaw) and Jane (Mortimer) are now grown up, with Michael, his three children and their housekeeper, Ellen (Walters), living on Cherry Tree Lane. After Michael suffers a personal loss, the enigmatic nanny Mary Poppins (Blunt) re-enters the lives of the Banks family, and, along with the optimistic street lamplighter Jack (Miranda), uses her unique magical skills to help the family rediscover the joy and wonder missing in their lives. Mary Poppins also introduces the children to a new assortment of colorful and whimsical characters, including her eccentric cousin, Topsy (Streep).
The film is produced by Marshall, John DeLuca (“Chicago”) and Marc Platt (“La La Land”). The screenplay is by David Magee (“Life of Pi”) based on The Mary Poppins Stories by PL Travers with Marc Shaiman (“Hairspray”) and Scott Wittman (“Hairspray”) writing all new songs and Shaiman composing an original score.
The Walt Disney Studios
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today, the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios; Disneynature; Marvel Studios; and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!.
STAR WARS FORCE FRIDAY II FLIES INTO STORES AROUND THE GLOBE ON SEPTEMBER 1, 2017
Countdown begins for world-wide release of “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” products
New product packaging revealed today features trio of heroes: Poe, Rey and Finn
Glendale, Calif. (February 16, 2017) – Disney and Lucasfilm today announced Star Wars Force Friday II, a global fan event celebrating the launch of new products inspired by the highly anticipated “Star Wars: The Last Jedi.” Toys, collectibles, books, apparel and more will go on sale beginning at on , with stores around the world opening for a weekend-long celebration of all things Star Wars.
“The first Star Wars Force event was truly unique, uniting fans across five continents in an unprecedented global live unboxing event ahead of thousands of openings at retail,” says Jimmy Pitaro, Chairman, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media. “We’re excited to confirm that Star Wars Force is back for ‘The Last Jedi’. Plans for this year’s world-wide event are top secret but expect something befitting the excitement around the next episode of the Star Wars saga.”
Star Wars fans around the globe embraced Force in 2015, with hundreds of thousands turning up to stores at to be the first to get their hands on merchandise from “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.” Toys from the new line were revealed via a global live-stream unboxing event that unfolded over 18 hours, 15 different cities and 12 countries, attracting millions of views on YouTube. Fans took to social media to share their experiences with nearly 3 billion Twitter impressions about the events, using #Force .
Jill Wilfert, Vice President of global licensing and entertainment from The LEGO Group comments, “It was so much fun to be a part of Star Wars Force Friday, and we can’t wait for fans to join this year’s celebration as we reveal new ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ products during Force II – a global event that will connect fans and families, and allow them to build, create and share their experiences with others.”
Details of how fans can participate will be revealed closer to the event but the world-wide launch will tap new technology and Star Wars mythology to create a unique experience for fans. Just like 2015, products for “The Last Jedi” will be kept under wraps until Force II to preserve surprises for fans. As well as introducing new characters from the movie in toy form, the line will build on the success of products like Sphero’s BB-8, introducing more innovative technology to bring the characters and stories from the film to life in unique ways.
“Toys play a unique role in the Star Wars universe, and we’re proud to have been part of that incredible legacy for the past forty years. The new line for ‘The Last Jedi’ is our most innovative yet, and we’re excited to unveil it on Force II,” said Samantha Lomow, Senior Vice President at Hasbro.
“Star Wars: The Force Awakens” is the highest grossing movie of all time domestically and that success was mirrored at retail. NPD reported that Star Wars was the number one toy property in the U.S. for 2016 and 2015, and that during the week of Force , $1 for every $11 spent on toys was on a Star Wars item. Additionally, the popularity of the movie propelled Star Wars onto the top ten toy list for both boys and girls for the first time ever in 2015.
Also being revealed today is a first look at packaging for “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” products which feature leading heroes: Poe Dameron, Rey and Finn. The trio will be featured on Star Wars packaging beginning .
Fans can stay tuned to StarWars.com for more details on Force II events, and can follow the conversation on social using #Force II.
# # #
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive MediaDisney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises two main lines of business: Disney Consumer Products (DCP), and Disney Interactive (DI). The combined segment is home to world class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
About Lucasfilm Ltd. Lucasfilm Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company’s activities include visual effects and audio post-production, cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
Lucasfilm, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
 Source: The NPD Group Inc. / Retail Tracking Service, January-December 2016; Weekly Retail Tracking Service, August 30-September 5, 2015
2 Source: National Retail Federation / Top Toys list for 2015 holiday season, November 24, 2015
Thursday, February 16, 2017
Plus, you will also get two boxes of Beauty and The Beast tea that is so far a theme park exclusive! You ill get one box of the camomile, honey and vanilla and a box of the pure peppermint! Enter today! The giveaway is open worldwide and the winner will be notified by email!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Tuesday, February 14, 2017
For Valentine's Day, here is my Prisma photo on The Little Mermaid attraction at Disney California Adventure. Come on and kiss the girl.
One last look at the lobby of The Hollywood Tower Hotel (The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror) in Disney California Adventure Park shortly before it closed its gates for the final time in January 2017. This Tiny Planet photo was created using my Samsung Gear 360 Camera.
Take a look at my Tiny Planet photo in the middle of Route 66 and Cars Land in Disney California Adventure Park! This was created using the Samsung Gear 360 Camera!
Saturday, February 11, 2017
Enter to win this beautiful Belle tea cup and saucer set! Made of fine bone china and decorated in 22ct gold, this is a collector's item that you will proud to display! This giveaway is open worldwide! The winner will be notified by email!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Friday, February 10, 2017
PRODUCTION BEGINS ON “MARY POPPINS RETURNS,”
THE SEQUEL TO THE STUDIO’S 1964 FILM STARRING
EMILY BLUNT AND LIN-MANUEL MIRANDA
AND DIRECTED BY ROB MARSHALL
BURBANK, Calif. (February 9, 2017) – Production on “Mary Poppins Returns,” the all new sequel to Disney’s 1964 film “Mary Poppins,” has commenced at Shepperton Studios. The film, which stars Golden Globe® winner Emily Blunt (“The Girl on the Train,” “Into the Woods”) and Emmy®, GRAMMY® and Tony Award® winner Lin-Manuel Miranda (“Hamilton,” “Moana”) and is directed and produced by Oscar® nominee, Emmy® and DGA Award winner Rob Marshall (“Into the Woods,” “Chicago”), is scheduled for release .
The film also stars: Ben Whishaw (“Spectre”), Emily Mortimer (“Hugo”) and Julie Walters (“Harry Potter” films) with Colin Firth (“The King’s Speech”) and Meryl Streep (“Florence Foster Jenkins”). In addition, Dick Van Dyke plays Mr. Dawes Jr., the chairman of Fidelity Fiduciary Bank, which is now run by William Weatherall Wilkins (Firth).
“Mary Poppins Returns” introduces three new Banks children, played by Pixie Davies (“Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children”), Nathanael Saleh (“Game of Thrones”) and newcomer Joel Dawson.
The film is produced by Marshall, Emmy® winner and Golden Globe® nominee John DeLuca (“Chicago”) and Oscar® and Tony® nominee and Emmy and Golden Globe winner Marc Platt (“La La Land”). The screenplay is by Oscar nominee David Magee (“Life of Pi”) based on The Mary Poppins Stories by PL Travers with Oscar nominee and Tony winner Marc Shaiman (“Hairspray”) and Emmy nominee and Tony winner Scott Wittman (“Hairspray”) writing all new songs with Shaiman composing an original score.
Amongst Marshall’s award-winning creative team are Oscar®-winning director of photography Dion Beebe, ASC ACS (“Memoirs of a Geisha”); two-time Oscar-winning production designer John Myhre (“Memoirs of a Geisha,” “Chicago”); three-time Oscar-winning costume designer Sandy Powell (“The Young Victoria,” “The Aviator,” “Shakespeare in Love”); Oscar-winning hair and make-up designer Peter Swords King (“The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King”); Oscar-winning set decorator Gordon Sim (“Chicago”); Oscar-winning production sound mixer Simon Hayes (“Les Misérables”); and Emmy® nominated editor Wyatt Smith (“Doctor Strange,” “Into the Woods”). The film is choreographed by Marshall and DeLuca with Joey Pizzi (“Chicago”) serving as co-choreographer.
“Mary Poppins Returns” is set in 1930s depression-era London (the time period of the original novels) and is drawn from the wealth of material in PL Travers’ additional seven books. In the story, Michael (Whishaw) and Jane (Mortimer) are now grown up, with Michael, his three children and their housekeeper, Ellen (Walters), living on Cherry Tree Lane. After Michael suffers a personal loss, the enigmatic nanny Mary Poppins (Blunt) re-enters the lives of the Banks family, and, along with the optimistic street lamplighter Jack (Miranda), uses her unique magical skills to help the family rediscover the joy and wonder missing in their lives. Mary Poppins also introduces the children to a new assortment of colorful and whimsical characters, including her eccentric cousin, Topsy (Streep).
PL Travers first introduced the world to the no-nonsense nanny in her 1934 book “Mary Poppins,” which Disney adapted for the screen and released in August, 1964. The film, which was directed by Robert Stevenson and starred Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke, was the top-grossing film of that year and nominated for 13 Academy Awards®, winning five. However, the subsequent adventures of Mary Poppins remained only on the pages of PL Travers’ seven additional books, which she published between 1935 and 1988.
About Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today, the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios; Disneynature; Marvel Studios; Lucasfilm; and Touchstone Pictures, the banner under which live-action films from DreamWorks Studios are distributed. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!.
Marvel just released an epic video showing the start of production on Avengers: Infinity War! Plus, they released the epic concept art above! Who is looking forward to this? I know I am!
Thursday, February 9, 2017
Dolby Cinema Announces Highly-Anticipated Spring Lineup: The LEGO Batman Movie, Fifty Shades Darker, and more
Dolby Cinema Showcases Strong Spring Lineup
Thirteen new Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision titles coming to Dolby Cinema
San Francisco, —Dolby Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE: DLB) today announced 13 new titles, adding to the growing slate of movies to be shown at more than 75 Dolby Cinema locations around the globe. The titles include Warner Bros. Pictures and LEGO Systems A/S’ The LEGO® Batman Movie; Universal Pictures’ Fifty Shades Darker;Twentieth Century Fox’s Logan; Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures’ Kong: Skull Island; Lionsgate Entertainment’s Power Rangers; Paramount Pictures/DreamWorks’ Ghost in the Shell; Universal Pictures’ The Fate of the Furious; Twentieth Century Fox’s Alien: Covenant; Universal Pictures’ The Mummy; Paramount Pictures’ Transformers: The Last Knight; Columbia Pictures’ Spider-Man™: Homecoming; Twentieth Century Fox’s War for the Planet of the Apes and Columbia Pictures/MRC’s The Dark Tower.
Dolby Cinema is a premium cinema offering for moviegoers that combines spectacular image and sound technologies with inspired design to deliver the total cinema experience, making every visit a completely captivating cinematic experience.
“The captivating imagery and mesmerizing sound that only Dolby Cinema can offer is prominently showcased in this diverse slate of titles,” said Doug Darrow, Senior Vice President, Cinema Business Group, Dolby Laboratories. “With every major studio delivering a Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos mastered title to Dolby Cinema in 2017, we appreciate distribution’s tremendous support and desire to bring a best-in-class experience to audiences around the world.”
Dolby Cinema begins with the filmmakers’ vision—using the full storytelling capabilities that Dolby offers in image and sound production to transform the way movies are made and presented. With state-of-the-art image, sound, and acoustic capabilities, the movie comes alive to deliver cinema in its purest form.
“Dolby Cinema adds to the fun and excitement of The LEGO Batman Movie, with amazing color and spectacular moving audio,” said the film’s director Chris McKay. “We are thrilled to be the first motion picture to be released in Dolby Cinema, where the entire feature goes beyond the standard color range, using the full capabilities of Dolby Vision wide color gamut grading and playback, to deliver colors never seen before on standard screens. The brilliant colors combined with the stellar Dolby Atmos soundtrack will immerse audiences into the world of LEGO as never before.”
These new titles join a strong slate of already announced features coming to Dolby Cinema in 2017:
1. Warner Bros. Pictures/LEGO System A/S, The LEGO Batman Movie,
2. Universal Pictures, Fifty Shades Darker,
3. Legendary/Universal Pictures, The Great Wall,
4. Twentieth Century Fox, Logan,
5. Warner Bros. Pictures/Legendary Pictures, Kong: Skull Island,
6. Disney, Beauty and the Beast,
7. Lionsgate, Power Rangers,
8. Paramount Pictures/DreamWorks, Ghost in the Shell,
9. Universal Pictures, The Fate of the Furious,
10. Disney, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2,
11. Twentieth Century Fox, Alien: Covenant,
12. Disney, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales,
13. Warner Bros. Pictures, Wonder Woman,
14. Universal Pictures, The Mummy,
15. Disney•Pixar, Cars 3,
16. Paramount Pictures, Transformers: The Last Knight,
17. Columbia Pictures, Spider-Man™: Homecoming,
18. Twentieth Century Fox, War for the Planet of the Apes,
19. Columbia Pictures/MRC, The Dark Tower,
To date, 77 Dolby Cinema titles have been released or announced. Dolby Cinema enables richer and more action-packed storytelling through Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. The Dolby Vision projection system, which uses state-of-the-art optics and image processing, delivers high dynamic range with enhanced color technology and a contrast ratio that far exceeds that of any other image technology on the market today. The result is a dramatically different viewing experience that presents strikingly vivid and realistic images, making viewers feel like they are inside the movie’s world. Dolby Cinema also includes the award-winning Dolby sound technology Dolby Atmos, which moves audio around the cinema, even overhead, placing the audience deeper inside the film’s setting.
For Dolby Cinema at AMC tickets and showtimes, visit www.amctheatres.com/dolby. You can also visitwww.dolby.com/movies to learn more about what’s playing at Dolby Cinema.
About Dolby Cinema
Dolby Cinema, recipient of the 2015 Red Dot Award for product design, delivers the total cinema experience. It combines powerful image and sound technologies with inspired cinema design to make every visit a completely captivating cinematic event.
Dolby Cinema includes award-winning technologies Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. Dolby Vision is a state-of-the-art authoring and playback imaging technology that enables the cinema to bring the story alive onscreen. In 2015, the Dolby Vision laser projector system received an engineering excellence award from the Hollywood Post Alliance. Outfitted with Dolby Atmos, a Dolby Cinema transports audiences into the movie with breathtakingly real sound that fills the cinema and flows all around them. Dolby Atmos has received technical achievement awards from both the Hollywood Post Alliance and the Cinema Audio Society.
When these technologies are combined with the sophisticated Dolby Cinema design, everything comes together to pull moviegoers more deeply into the story and transform their visit into an event. In just over two years, more than 300 Dolby Cinema sites have been installed or committed to across the globe, with 77 titles released or announced. For more information, please visit the Dolby Cinema web page.
About Dolby Laboratories
Dolby Laboratories (NYSE:DLB) creates audio, video, and voice technologies that transform entertainment and communications in mobile devices, at the cinema, at home, and at work. For more than 50 years, sight and sound experiences have become more vibrant, clear, and powerful in Dolby. For more information, please visit www.dolby.com.