Friday, September 30, 2016
Last night I was invited to check out the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle: Secrets of the Sewer Exhibit at the Discovery Cube OC! I grew up as a huge fan of the heroes in a half-shell and brought along a couple of friends to join in on the fun! We were given ninja masks and quickly went to check out the exhibit!
Not only is Leonardo the leader of the turtles but he is also my favorite turtle! He is my favorite because he always tries to do the right thing!
The exhibit features a ton of hand-on, interactive areas to put your teamwork and problem-solving skills to the test!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Take a look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Stephen Strange in Doctor Strange.
Take a look at Chiwetel Ejiofor as Baron Karl Mordo in Doctor Strange.
Take a look at Tilda Swinton as The Ancient One in Doctor Strange.
Take a look at Rachel McAdams as Christine Palmer in Doctor Strange.
Take a look at Mads Mikkelsen as Kaecilius as Wong in Doctor Strange.
Take a look at Benedict Wong as Wong in Doctor Strange.
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
MARVEL STUDIOS and IMAX OFFER GLOBAL FANS AN AMAZING
SNEAK PEEK AT SELECT FOOTAGE FROM THE WORLD’S NEWEST
SUPER HERO—“DOCTOR STRANGE”
EXPAND YOUR MIND: AN IMAX® 3D EXCLUSIVE FIRST LOOK
FEATURES EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE TO BE SHOWN IN OVER 115 THEATER LOCATIONS
ACROSS NORTH AMERICA ON
Burbank, Calif. () –Marvel Studios announces Marvel Studios’ Expand Your Mind: An IMAX® 3D Exclusive First Look, featuring approximately 15 minutes of exclusive footage from the highly anticipated, action-packed “Doctor Strange.” The sneak peek will be showcased in over 115 theater locations across North America on , at
Select IMAX 3D theaters nationwide and 3D & IMAX 3D theaters internationally will offer the special screening of thrilling, never-before-seen 3D footage of the Scott Derrickson-directed movie, which opens in U.S. theaters on .
Commenting on the exclusive footage, director Scott Derrickson says, “As a movie fan, I am thrilled to take audiences along on the visual journey of ‘Doctor Strange’ and give them an early peek at what we’ve been working on. The completed film will feature more than an hour of specially formatted IMAX sequences that will provide audiences with a totally immersive—and mind-blowing—film-going experience and I’m excited to share a taste of that with our fans on 10/10.”
Tickets to the Marvel Studios Expand Your Mind: An IMAX® 3D Exclusive First Look are free and will be distributed for U.S. and Canadian screenings on a first-come, first-serve basis starting today at noon/PDT. For more information and to download tickets, go to: http://www.seeitfirst.net/
Fans who attend this exclusive sneak peek will also receive a limited-edition, collectible “Doctor Strange” IMAX poster.
From Marvel Studios comes “Doctor Strange,” the story of world-famous neurosurgeon Dr. Stephen Strange whose life changes forever after a horrific car accident robs him of the use of his hands. When traditional medicine fails him, he is forced to look for healing, and hope, in an unlikely place—a mysterious enclave known as Kamar-Taj. He quickly learns that this is not just a center for healing but also the front line of a battle against unseen dark forces bent on destroying our reality. Before long Strange—armed with newly acquired magical powers—is forced to choose whether to return to his life of fortune and status or leave it all behind to defend the world as the most powerful sorcerer in existence.
“Doctor Strange” stars Benedict Cumberbatch, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Rachel McAdams, Benedict Wong, Michael Stuhlbarg, Benjamin Bratt and Scott Adkins, with Mads Mikkelsen and Tilda Swinton. Scott Derrickson is directing with Kevin Feige producing. Louis D’Esposito, Stephen Broussard, Victoria Alonso, Charles Newirth and Stan Lee serve as executive producers. Jon Spaihts and Scott Derrickson & C. Robert Cargill wrote the screenplay. Join Strange on his dangerous, mystifying and totally mind-bending journey when Marvel Studios’ “Doctor Strange” opens in U.S. theaters on .
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing. For more information visit: marvel.com. © 2016 MARVEL
About IMAX Corporation:
IMAX, an innovator in entertainment technology, combines proprietary software, architecture and equipment to create experiences that take you beyond the edge of your seat to a world you’ve never imagined. Top filmmakers and studios are utilizing IMAX theatres to connect with audiences in extraordinary ways, and, as such, IMAX's network is among the most important and successful theatrical distribution platforms for major event films around the globe.
IMAX is headquartered in New York, Toronto and Los Angeles, with offices in London, Tokyo, Shanghai and Beijing. As of March 31, 2014, there were 840 IMAX theatres (707 commercial multiplexes, 18 commercial destinations and 115 institutions) in 57 countries.
IMAX®, IMAX® 3D, IMAX DMR®, Experience It In IMAX®, An IMAX 3D Experience®, The IMAX Experience®, IMAX Is Believing® and IMAXnXos® are trademarks of IMAX Corporation. More information about the Company can be found at www.imax.com. You may also connect with IMAX on Facebook (www.
facebook.com/imax), Twitter (www.twitter.com/imax) and YouTube (www.youtube.com/imaxmovies).
Saturday, September 24, 2016
Wish There Was A Monthly Disney Subscription Box? Take a Look at "Dreamers Box - Disney Subscription Box"
With all of the monthly subscription boxes around, I wished that Disney would have their own subscription box. Well, we are almost there, take a look at the Dreamers Box! While not an official Disney subscription box, the collectibles will be!
You can choose between the Dreamers Box or the Dreamers Memories Box. The Dreamers Box will have a guy themed box and a girl themed box. Each box will contain between 4 - 10 collectibles ranging from Funko, pins, kitchen items, home decor, jewelry and more! The Dreamers Memories Box will contain between 6 - 30 items all geared towards scrapbooking!
Each month the Dreamers Box will have a special theme! All the pics are samples of what a box may include!
Here is a look at the Dreamers Memories Box sample!
And as a special bonus for Sasaki Time fans, I have two special codes for you! The First code is SASAKIDREAMERS001 for the Dreamers Box and that will get you $5.00 off and free shipping on your first box!
The second code is SASAKITIME002 for the Dreamers Memories Box and you will get free shipping on your first box!
To order a box: https://dreamers-box.cratejoy.com
STEVEN SPIELBERG’S IMAGINATION AND DISNEY MAGIC COME TOGETHER
TO BRING ROALD DAHL’S BELOVED CLASSIC TO LIFE
“The BFG” comes to Digital HD, Blu-ray™ and Disney Movies Anywhere
This magical tale of an extraordinary friendship loaded with exciting extras
will brighten the holidays for the whole family!
BURBANK, Calif., Sept. 23, 2016 — This month, the world celebrates the 100th anniversary of the birth of Roald Dahl, beloved children’s author of family favorites like “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,” “James and the Giant Peach,” “Matilda” and Dahl’s personal favorite, “The BFG,” as well as World Dream Day, an annual event honoring “the dreamer, visionary and innovator in all of us.” It seems a fitting time to announce the in-home release of “The BFG,” Disney’s fantasy adventure film directed by Steven Spielberg, on Dec. 6 on Digital HD, Blu-ray™, Disney Movies Anywhere, DVD and On-Demand.
As dreamers around the globe gear up for Sunday’s World Dream Day, an annual holiday honoring “the dreamer, visionary and innovator in all of us,” it seems a fitting time to announce the in-home release of “The BFG,” Disney’s fantasy adventure film directed by Steven Spielberg and featuring a dream-collecting Big Friendly Giant. This heartwarming tale for the whole family arrives home for the holidays on Dec. 6 on Digital HD, Blu-ray™, Disney Movies Anywhere, DVD and On-Demand.
“The BFG” unites the talents of three of the world’s greatest storytellers – Roald Dahl, Walt Disney and Steven Spielberg – to bring to life the classic tale of a courageous little girl named Sophie (newcomer Ruby Barnhill) and a gentle and charming Big Friendly Giant (Oscar®-winner Mark Rylance) who introduces her to the wonders and perils of Giant Country. Spielberg employs a new, hybrid style of filmmaking blending live-action and performance-capture techniques, resulting in genuine, heartfelt performances and super-photorealistic animation.
Families and fans will be swept away by this spectacular adventure and delight in extensive bonus features, including a behind-the-scenes look at the making of “The BFG” hosted by Ruby Barnhill and featuring Steven Spielberg; a charming, all-new short; a fun and whimsical tutorial on the Big Friendly Giant’s unique language of Gobblefunk; a touching tribute to screenwriter Melissa Mathison (“E.T. the Extraterrestrial,” “The Black Stallion”); and more.
Spielberg’s directorial debut with The Walt Disney Studios was a labor of love, as he’s been a fan of Dahl’s for years. In fact, he read “The BFG” to his own children when they were younger. According to Spielberg, “It’s a story about friendship; it’s a story about loyalty and protecting your friends; and it’s a story that shows that even a little girl can help a big giant solve his biggest problems.” “The BFG” is a Golden Phizzwizard* come true for Spielberg, Dahl fans and audiences around the world.
Bonus features include**:
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL HD:
- Bringing “The BFG” to Life – Ruby Barnhill (Sophie) hosts a phizz-whizzing journey through the making of “The BFG.” This behind-the-scenes documentary details the film’s progression through interviews with Roald Dahl’s daughter Lucy Dahl, screenwriter Melissa Mathison, executive producers Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Kristie Macosko Krieger, and numerous members of the talented cast and crew.
- The Big Friendly Giant and Me – Sophie wasn’t the first “bean” in Giant Country—many illustrations were created as if drawn by a little boy who was there long before Sophie. This charming, in-world short will bring the drawings to life with animation and narration, recounting the friendship and the dreams shared between the boy and the Big Friendly Giant.
- Gobblefunk: The Wonderful Words of The BFG – A whoopsey-splunkers tutorial on the meaning of the gloriumptious gobblefunk in “The BFG.”
- Giants 101 – Jemaine Clement (Fleshlumpeater) and Bill Hader (Bloodbottler) introduce us to the loathsome giants in “The BFG,” along with movement choreographer/motion capture performer Terry Notary, who collaborated with the actors and Director Steven Spielberg prior to filming to develop their movements and character traits.
- Melissa Mathison: A Tribute – An homage to Melissa Mathison, the extraordinary, Oscar®-nominated screenwriter of “The BFG” and “E.T.,” whose talent and heart were as immense as the giants in “The BFG.”
- John Williams: Scoring A Dream – A journey through the film’s concept art and memorable moments, interwoven with the sights and sounds of legendary composer John William’s scoring session.
- Gobblefunk: The Wonderful Words of The BFG and Melissa Mathison: A Tribute
Disney and Amblin Entertainment, in association with Walden Media, present the fantasy adventure film “The BFG,” the first-ever motion picture adaptation of Roald Dahl’s resonant tale of childhood, the magic of dreams and the extraordinary friendship between a young girl and a big friendly giant. Directed by three-time Academy Award® winner Steven Spielberg, the film reunites the director with his Oscar®-nominated collaborator on “E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial,” Melissa Mathison, who adapted the children’s author’s timeless adventure for the big screen. “The BFG” is produced by Spielberg, p.g.a., Frank Marshall, p.g.a., and Sam Mercer, p.g.a., with Kathleen Kennedy, John Madden, Kristie Macosko Krieger and Michael Siegel serving as executive producers.
The film stars three-time Tony Award®, two-time Olivier Award and Oscar® winner Mark Rylance as the Big Friendly Giant; newcomer Ruby Barnhill as Sophie, the orphan who befriends him and is swept into a world of rampaging giants; Penelope Wilton as The Queen; Jemaine Clement as Fleshlumpeater, the most fearsome giant from Giant Country; Rebecca Hall as Mary, The Queen’s handmaid; Rafe Spall as Mr. Tibbs, The Queen’s butler; and Bill Hader as Bloodbottler, another unruly giant from Giant Country.
The creative team is comprised of some of Spielberg’s longtime collaborators, including: two-time Oscar®-winning director of photography Janusz Kaminski; two-time Oscar-winning production designer Rick Carter; three time Oscar-winning editor Michael Kahn, A.C.E.; and Oscar-nominated costume designer Joanna Johnston, with legendary five-time Oscar winner John Williams composing his 24th score for a Spielberg-directed film.
Joining them is two-time Oscar® winner Robert Stromberg as production designer and four-time Oscar winner Joe Letteri from Weta Digital, the visual effects company founded by Peter Jackson, as senior visual effects supervisor.
Product SKUs: Digital HD/SD, Blu-ray Superset (Blu-ray+DVD+Digital Copy),
Disney Movies Anywhere, DVD and Video On-Demand SD/HD
Feature Run Time: Approximately 117 minutes
Rating: PG in U.S., PG in CE, and G in CF
Aspect Ratio: Blu-ray Feature Film = 1080p High Definition / Widescreen 2.39:1
DVD Feature Film = Widescreen 2.39:1
Audio: Blu-ray = English 7.1 DTS-HDMA & 2.0 Descriptive Audio,
Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
DVD = English, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks,
English 2.0 Descriptive Audio
Languages/Subtitles: Blu-ray = English SDH, Spanish and French
DVD = English SDH, Spanish and French
ABOUT DISNEY MOVIES ANYWHERE (DMA):
Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA) is an engaging and family-friendly cloud-based digital movie service that makes it easy to buy Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars movies once and watch them anywhere. Viewers can enjoy their digital movies from the comfort of their living room and across multiple mobile platforms by simply adding the free DMA app or channel to their devices, such as iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android mobile phones and tablets, Android TV, Amazon’s Fire tablets, Fire TV and Fire TV Stick, Roku, and Xbox 360, and connecting to their DMA account with participating providers including iTunes, Amazon Video, VUDU, Google Play, Microsoft Movies & TV and Fios by Verizon. DMA users can explore Disney’s library of over 450 digital movies, discover hours of new and exclusive short-form content, redeem Digital Movie codes found in eligible Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars product, and earn Disney Movie Rewards points with every digital purchase.
ABOUT THE WALT DISNEY STUDIOS:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today, the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios; Disneynature; Marvel Studios; Lucasfilm; and Touchstone Pictures. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!.
ABOUT ABMLIN PARTNERS:
Amblin Partners is a content creation company formed by DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, Reliance Entertainment and Entertainment One (eOne). The company develops and produces films using the Amblin, DreamWorks Pictures and Participant banners and includes Amblin Television, a longtime leader in quality programming.
Win this awesome Jack Skellington mug with matching spoon and a $20 Starbucks gift card! This giveaway is open to everyone!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Friday, September 23, 2016
Watch our latest unboxing video! This time it is for the Funko Star Wars Smuggler's Bounty Box: The Death Star! See what awesomeness is inside!
Beauty and The Beast returns for its 25th Anniversary in a Walt Disney Signature Collection Blu-ray release. The tale as old as time is one of my favorite Disney animated films of all-time. Marking its second time on Blu-ray, let's take a look and see what is different from its original release.
You will find the same 1080p video presentation as the previous release which is still stunning. If you have never seen Beauty and The Beast on Blu-ray before then you are in for a treat. The gorgeous transfer will leave everyone from children to the biggest film fan in awe. The rich color palette captures the darkness of the forest, the warmth of the ballroom and more is absolutely pristine. The brush strokes can be seen in the background paintings and serve as a reminder of the artistry that was hand drawn animation. Still one of the very best transfers from Disney ever.
You will find the same DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 lossless soundtrack as on the previous release which is still as stunning as the video release. The audio truly surrounds you and envelopes you into the film. Dialogue is perfectly placed and you can hear every line even whispers. Every sound effect is prioritized to perfection from the clinking teacups, to the thundering crash of lightning above you, to the Beast's roar, to Belle's soft footsteps in the castle. Still an absolutely stunning audio mix.
You will find two unique cuts of the film, the original theatrical cut as well as the special extended cut. There is also a sing-along version of the theatrical cut. There new bonus features and the audio commentary is from the previously released Blu-ray. Below is a breakdown of what's included, where, and whether it's new or carryover. It should be noted that every extra on this disc is also available digitally, but not vice-versa, obviously.
- Always Belle (1080p, 11:32): Paige O'Hara talks about voicing Belle and what has happened in her life since then.
- Menken & Friends: 25 Years of Musical Inspiration (1080p, 19:06): Robert Lopez, Kristen Anderson-Lopez, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Stephen Schwartz, and Alan Menken gather to sing songs from the film.
- #1074: Walt, Fairy Tales & Beauty and the Beast (1080p, 9:36): A look back at the very first ideas for a Beauty and The Beast film.
- The Recording Sessions (1080p, 3:48): An all too brief look at the recording sessions of the voice actors that the animators used for reference.
- 25 Fun Facts About Beauty and the Beast (1080p, 5:24): Stuck in the Middle's Kayla Maisonet and Best Friends Whenever's Gus Kamp quickly run through some fun facts about the movie.
- Beauty and the Beast Sneak Peek (1080p, 1:24): An all-too-brief behind-the-scenes preview for the live-action film, coming in March 2017. Don't expect to see much that hasn't already been shown elsewhere. I was hoping for a larger look or at least the footage that was shown to us at the D23 Expo in 2015.
- Song Selection (Sing-Along Edition Only) (1080p, 22:52 total runtime): Fans can jump directly to their favorite songs from the Sing-Along version of the film. Included are Belle, Belle (Reprise), Gaston, Gaston(Reprise), Be Our Guest, Something There, Beauty and the Beast, The Mob Song, and Beauty and the Beast(Reprise).
- Audio Commentary (Extended Edition Only): Directors Kirk Wise and Gary Trousdale, Producer Don Hahn, and Composer Alan Menken. This is the same track available on the previous release. See that review for more information.
- Classic Bonus Preview (1080p, 0:43): A short ad for all the features available digitally.
Below is a list of the digital-only bonus features.
* indicates that the bonus was available on the previously released Blu-ray.
Behind the Scenes
- A Transformation: Glen Keane (3:12)*
- Character Development: Lumiere (2:50)
- Camera Move Test (2:03)*
- The Transformation: Pencil Version (5:22)*
- Character Development: Mrs. Potts (2:14)
- New Digital Horizons (4:21)
- Beyond Beauty: The Untold Stories Behind The Making Of Beauty And The Beast (53:24)*
- Character Development: Beast (3:49)
- Animation Tests, Rough & Clean Ups (4:54)*
- Early Presentation Reel (2:48)*
- Character Development: Gaston (3:12)
- Will vs. Nik (3:15)
- Character Development: Cogsworth (2:53)
- Deleted Scene: Belle In The Library With Introduction By Roger Allers (9:05)*
- Deleted Song: "Human Again" (6:57)*
- Deleted Song Sequence "Human Again:" Introduction By Don Hahn (0:45)*
- Deleted Song Sequence "Human Again:" Introduction By Alan Menken (0:41)*
- Alternate Story Open With Introduction By Peter Schneider (18:57)*
Cast & Crew
- Always Belle (11:32)
- Searching For Beast's Castle (17:51)
- Acting As A Team (6:45)
- The Beauty Of Voice Acting (10:25)
- Frame By Frame: A Thumbnail Sketch Of The History Of Animation (14:18)
- #1074: Walt, Fairy Tales & Beauty And The Beast (9:35)
- Disney: A Fairy Tale (8:28)
Music & More
- Song Selection: Beauty and the Beast (Reprise) (0:49)
- Song Selection: Belle (Reprise) (1:01)
- "Beauty And The Beast" Music Video (Preformed By Celine Dion & Peabo Bryson) (4:24)*
- Jordan Sparks "Beauty And The Beast" Music Video (3:26)*
- Menken & Friends: 25 Years Of Musical Inspiration (19:05)
- Song Selection: Gaston (3:08)
- Song Selection: The Mob Song (3:27)
- Broadway Beginnings (13:07)*
- The Recording Sessions (3:47)
- Composing A Classic: A Musical Conversation With Alan Menken, Don Hahn & Richard Kraft(20:18)*
- Song Selection: Belle (5:06)
- Alternate Version: "Be Our Guest" (4:51)*
- Alternate Score: The Transformation (1:59)*
- Song Selection: Something There (1:56)
- Song Selection: Beauty and the Beast (2:47)
- Song Selection: Be Our Guest (3:40)
- Full Circle To Broadway (10:25)
- Ever A Surprise: A Portrait Of Howard Ashman (13:49)
- Song Selection: Gaston (Reprise) (1:08)
- Beauty And The Beast With Audio Commentary (1:31:43)*
- Beauty And The Beast Work-In-Progress Edition (1:25:39)*
- Beauty And The Beast Sing-Along Edition (1:24:53)*
- Beauty And The Beast Original Theatrical Edition (1:24:53)*
- 25 Fun Facts About Beauty And The Beast (5:22)
- Beauty And The Beast Special Extended Edition (1:31:43)*
- TV Spot #1 (0:32)*
- TV Spot #3 (0:32)*
- Large Format Release Trailer (2:31)*
- TV Spot #4 (0:15)*
- TV Spot #2 (0:32)*
- Original Release Trailer (2:29)*
- Beauty And The Beast Sneak Peak (1:23)
- The Beauty Of Voice Acting (10:25)
The 25th Anniversary edition is another fine release to celebrate one of the best animated films of all-time. If you missed the previous Blu-ray release then this is a must buy.