Saturday, November 30, 2013
Enter to win Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope figures for Disney Infinity!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Enter to win these new Frozen Anna and Elsa figures for Disney Infinity!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Friday, November 29, 2013
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
How to make it
- Print the page on regular paper or cardstock and cut out the door hanger.
- Fold it in half and glue it so the design is now two-sided.
- Cut the hole where the hanger will slip on to the door handle.
- Hang whichever side fits your mood!
Enter to win this beautiful Frozen Snow Globe! It plays "Let It Go" the powerful song sung in the movie by Broadway great Idina Menzel!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Monday, November 25, 2013
Sunday, November 24, 2013
What you'll need:
- White glittered felt
- Purple felt
- Light blue felt
- Small blue and purple rhinestones
- Bobby pins large and small or barrettes of your choice
- Hot glue or craft glue (hot glue should be used by adults only)
How to make it
- Print and cut out the snowflake templates you would like to use.
- Choose a large snowflake template and trace it onto white glittered felt and cut it out. (Trace the snowflake on the backside of the glittered felt to prevent the ink or pencil from showing on the glittered side.)
- You can
choose a medium snowflake and/or small snowflake template to layer on
top of the large snowflake. Trace them onto blue and purple felt. Mix
and match your snowflakes alternating the colors.
- Once your felt snowflakes are all cut out, assemble them with hot glue or craft glue. Add a rhinestone on the very top snowflake. Use hot glue or craft glue to glue them to a bobby pin or barrette of your choice. Allow the glue to fully dry before pinning them to hair.
Saturday, November 23, 2013
From the newest contributor to Sasaki Time, Brandy will be bringing us unique one-of-a-kind recipes from time to time! Please welcome her to the team and hope you love this awesome recipe Savory Thanksgiving Day Cupcake Recipe! This savory cupcake features turkey meatloaf, filled with stuffing, topped with mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce!
Savory Thanksgiving Day Cupcake
1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion (about 1 small onion)
4 garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 medium carrot, cut into 1/8-inch dice
1 package mushrooms, trimmed and finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 cup 1% milk
1 whole large egg, lightly beaten
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
1 1/4 pound ground turkey
Prepared mashed potatoes ( one large potato or 3 small)
Prepared stuffing (half a package)
Whole jellied cranberry sauce.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Stir together bread crumbs and milk in a small bowl and let stand while preparing the next step.
Cook onion and garlic in oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderate heat, stirring, until onion is softened, about 2 minutes. Add carrot and cook, stirring, until softened. Add mushrooms, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and parsley. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a couple of minutes or until its cool enough to touch.
Add to your bread crumb mixture your egg, egg white, turkey and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix with your cooled veggie mixture well with your hands.
Using a standard cupcake pan lined with paper or aluminum cupcake liners, divide meat mixture equally into the 12 liners. Make a hole in each mini loaf with the end of a wooden spoon. Bake the cupcakes for about 20 min or until the internal temperature reaches 170°F.
While cupcakes are baking make your stuffing and mashed potatoes. I like Stouffers chicken stuffing so that is what I used and I make my mashed potatoes from scratch.
After the cupcakes come out of the oven scoop some stuffing into each hole you made before baking. Use a pastry bag to pipe on your prepared mashed potatoes to look like icing, and top with a tablespoon of cranberry sauce.
Hint: If you don’t like cranberry sauce, top your mashed potatoes with a pad of butter and some gravy.
What you'll need
- White Candy Melts (half a bag)
- Chocolate Candy Melts (8 pieces)
- Pretzel sticks (for arms)
- Orange Starbursts (1 per snowman)
- Small candy eyes
- Chocolate kisses or chocolate chips
- Edible food pens (blue and black)
- Plastic squeeze bottle
- Small craft/food brush (washed)
- Parchment paper
- Vanilla ice cream
How to make it
all of your ingredients in bowls and plates for easy access. On a flat
working surface, such as a cutting board or flat plate, tape a large
piece of parchment paper to the surface so it is flat and smooth and
will not move while your work. If you are using chocolate kisses for the
buttons, use a knife to shave down the sides.
- Unwrap an orange Starburst and set it on the wrapper. Heat it in the microwave for 7 seconds. Take it out and allow it to cool- 15 seconds or more until it is cool enough to handle. Mold it into the shape of Olaf’s nose using your fingers. Set it aside.
- Using a knife, splinter a few pretzel sticks to create Olaf’s hair.
- Heat the white candy melts in a microwave safe bowl on 40% power for 25 seconds at a time until the candy is melted. Stir it and pour or spoon it into the cleaned and dried squeeze bottle. Put the top on the bottle.
- Squeeze out the white candy onto the parchment paper in the shape of Olaf’s head. You can use the food brush to smooth out the candy.
- Use the edible blue and black pens to outline Olaf's eyes.
- Squeeze out a second layer of candy over Olaf’s head, building up the candy near the top. Use the brush to smooth the candy then place 2-3 pretzel slivers for the hair and two candy eyes.
- Squeeze out more melted candy under the eyes. Place a nose just under and between the eyes. Squeeze out more melted candy around the nose, using the brush to smooth. Allow the candy to fully dry.
- Melt the chocolate candy melts in a small microwave safe bowl on 40% power for 45 seconds. Stir the candy until smooth. Clean and dry your food brush then use it to paint on Olaf’s mouth using the melted chocolate candy. Allow time to dry.
- Clean and dry the food brush. Open the squeeze bottle and dip your brush into the white candy. Paint Olaf’s tooth in the top center of the mouth. Allow time to dry.
- Scoop out
two scoops of vanilla ice cream into a small bowl (stacked). Give Olaf
three chocolate kiss or chocolate chip buttons and two pretzel stick
arms. Peal Olaf’s head from the parchment paper and stick it on top of
the ice cream. Serve immediately.
Enter to win this cute Elsa doll when she was a toddler in the upcoming Disney animated film Frozen! Frozen opens nationwide on November 27th!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
What happens when you explore the world above the world of Cars? You get Planes! The newest movie from DisneyToon Studios!
We are introduced to Dusty Crophopper who dreams of racing and gets his chance to participate in one of the greatest races in the world! But Dusty isn't really built for speed and he is also afraid of heights. Along the way he is supported by his friends, gets mentored by an old war plane and makes some new friends. They all help Dusty find the courage to overcome the odds.
The video quality is what you have come to expect from a Disney blu-ray! Crisp and vibrant colors combined with amazing detail! You can see all the textures that provides for a more lifelike experience! Some great wind effects that come off of each plane adds to the sense of flight! You would be hard pressed to know that this spin-off is not made by the folks in Emeryville!
The audio is also up Disney's high standards of quality! The dialogue is perfectly clear! The sounds of the planes really bring you into the racing experience! The rear channels are just as active as the front channels here! With planes flying all over the sound field, you feel as if you are in the middle of all the races!
- Exclusive Musical Scene: Franz's Song (HD, 3 minutes): Director Klay Hall and producer Traci Balthazor-Flynn introduce a finished deleted sequence that features the tiny Franz that was cut a t the last minute.
- Klay's Flight Plan (HD, 16 minutes): This feature showcases Hall's love of airplanes and his personal connection to the film, which he shares with his two sons while taking a look at some of the planes that inspired some of the film's characters.
- Deleted Scenes (HD, 8 minutes): Two unfinished deleted scenes are shown here: a training montage and a Taj Mahal sequence that was reworked.
- Meet the Racers (HD, 7 minutes): You get to meet four of the racing planes in the movie: El Chu, Ripslinger, Dusty and Ishani.
- Top 10 Fliers (HD, 6 minutes): Quickly learn about the top ten real-life fliers of all time.
A film, that while borrowing heavily from the first Cars film, is still very entertaining. The video and audio presentations are top notch here! The supplements are few but for a film that was suppose to be a direct-to-video only, they aren't bad. A good Holiday gift for your kids!
Now Available on Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD
**The blu-ray was supplied to me in order to review but the review is entirely my own opinion!**
Friday, November 22, 2013
Thursday, November 21, 2013
In celebration of the trailer release, each of the Muppets have also published their own "most wanted" guest blogs. Read them now:
KERMIT'S Most Wanted Trailer Cameos: http://di.sn/rJI
MISS PIGGY'S Most Wanted Relationship Advice: http://di.sn/gPi
MISS PIGGY'S Most Wanted Advice for Celebrities from a Screen Legend: http://di.sn/hQR
FOZZIE BEAR'S TV Shows He's Most Wanted to Guest Star On: http://di.sn/gPj
ANIMAL'S Most Wanted Drum Solos: http://di.sn/sJX
GONZO'S Most Wanted Disney Poultry: http://di.sn/ePl
Like The Muppets on Facebook: https://www.
Follow The Muppets on Twitter: @MuppetsStudio
Follow Miss Piggy on Twitter: @RealMissPiggy
Like FROZEN on Facebook: https://www.
Tweet the official hashtag: #DisneyFrozen
Visit the website: http://www.disney.
Like The Wind Rises on Facebook: https://www.
Follow The Wind Rises on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Subscribe to The Wind Rises on YouTube: https://www.youtube.
The Wind Rises arrives in limited US theaters February 21, 2014 and expands on February 28, 2014.
Framed for a crime he didn't commit, muscle car mechanic and street racer Tobey (Aaron Paul) gets out of prison determined to settle the score with the man responsible for his false conviction. #NFSMovie