1 cup peanut butter (not natural or reduced fat)
3 tablespoons honey or 2/3 - 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/3 cup chopped salted peanuts, optional
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 – 1 teaspoon coarse salt, optional
18 ounces good quality white chocolate (like Callebaut)
- In a medium bowl mix peanut butter, honey or sugar, vanilla and the optional salt and peanuts, if using, with a fork until well combined. Taste and add additional sugar/salt if desired. Refrigerate.
- Line a mini muffin tin or baking sheet with aluminum candy cups or mini baking cups.
- Use a double boiler to melt half of the chocolate. Alternately use the chocolate setting on your microwave, checking and stirring every 15 seconds.
- Drop about a heaping 1/2 teaspoon of chocolate into the bottom of each liner and use the back of a spoon or a small pastry brush to draw the chocolate up the sides. Refrigerate about 20 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Scoop out small balls of peanut butter and flatten and form them to fit inside the cups leaving room at the top to cover them with chocolate.
- Melt the remaining chocolate and drop 1/2 teaspoonfuls over the top of each one, smooth out and refrigerate until set. Store long-term in the refrigerator or freezer.